Am I Wrong?

roaches

The majority of serious hip-hop study is devoted to:
a) trashing popular rappers
b) popularizing rappers the author feels are neglected
c) criticizing hip-hop for not furthering (insert cause/movement)

Rappers don't like hip-hop
Labels don't like hip-hop
Producers don't like hip-hop
The "urban" radio audience doesn't like hip-hop
Even nerds don't really like hip-hop

Kinda depressing, no?

Bury me in my b-boy stance,
roaches

Chronic

You're not wrong.

Concerning point c.

People saying Hip-Hop is dead might have a point if they're talking about the culture but 99% of the people who say that start bitching about mainstream rap and other horseshit because they're elitest faggots that hate on everything mainstream but don't know any underground shit or don't have the ear to recognize quality music.

Actually it doesn't concern point c at all hehehehehehe.

Farzin

Cant it just be some evolution of hip hop?

I think they just evolved from the roots that were provided and now seem different. I like to think of Hip hop as a tree that grew and developed new branches. Due to its popularity it became global and abopted itself to the sound that appeals to the masses but thats only one sound, perhaps the loudest of them all but the true elements of hip hop are still within it's roots.

I hope that makes sense to anyone i'd be surprised if it does lol. And, i dont know if i answered the question of the thread.

PS. Hurts got banned again? what did he do this time?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Chronic said:
People saying Hip-Hop is dead might have a point if they're talking about the culture but 99% of the people who say that start bitching about mainstream rap and other horseshit because they're elitest faggots that hate on everything mainstream but don't know any underground shit or don't have the ear to recognize quality music.

Very good point.

I still don't think hip-hop culture has died. But evolved. We have more professional beats for the music now. It has gone on further from sampling. While there's still decent albums being released, I'm happy. And I am.

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
roaches said:
The majority of serious hip-hop study is devoted to:
a) trashing popular rappers
b) popularizing rappers the author feels are neglected
c) criticizing hip-hop for not furthering (insert cause/movement)

Rappers don't like hip-hop
Labels don't like hip-hop
Producers don't like hip-hop
The "urban" radio audience doesn't like hip-hop
Even nerds don't really like hip-hop

Kinda depressing, no?

Bury me in my b-boy stance,
roaches

On this board ?? ... yes !

AmerikazMost

My problem isn't with rap so much as the media. They like to ignore a lot of quality music in favor of something that's more marketable. Mainstream is fine, but no tat the expense of everything else.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.