Am I the only one that was disappointed by Cormega's The Testament?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
It seems that everyone is all over this album calling it a classic and shit, but I found it disappointing, and I consider myself a Mega fan.

To me the album was just to repetative and not entertaining enough, his story telling on it was great, and some of the songs stood out as great. But to me it just wasnt impressive enough lyrically or production wise and is often boring.

Ive got mine on order, Ill still support Mega cause its good, but I cant help but feel a little disappointed.

ARon

Nothing really killed it for me, i wasn't anticipating much, i think that is why. I was thinking it's gonna be some old shit, scrap material from the Def Jam days but i was wrong. Surprisingly nice, i wouldn't go as far as calling it classic but it is a good album.

i actually thought it was a pretty good album cause i also wasnt anticipating much, the one thing that i didnt like was that it was short, only 48 minutes....coulda been more tracks

7 Syns

Well the problem is that the album was suppose to drop in 98 (or around that time anyways). Even with the updates it slightly sounds dated. It's not better than The Realness or True Meaning -imo-.

peace.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
downloading it now. I was never a big fan of Mega's voice...thought it was abit soft. but ill still check this out, i still respect the dude. If i like it, ill buy

it was only a bunch of tracks thrown together (which ususally what an album is, Dont point out to me please).

just like "legal hustle", which he wasnt even on, in a few tracks.
like he said in his last interview "It is what it is"

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
fuck this album is amazing!!!!

this makes me wana go out and buy his other shit. His lispy flow has grown on me. Crazy album!

7 Syns

-Bartek- said:
I like Cormega very much
but could it be that hes pretty lazy?
I mean some tracks were already released, why not making some new stuff
Because The Testament is his shelved debut. It got put on the shelves by Def Jam, hence why youve heard some tracks. Afterall it was made to be released late '97/early '98. Mega simply released it, because he fought for the masters I guess and after the massive fan demand he did what many wouldn't.

His new record is titled Urban Legend and should drop sometime this year.

peace.

shinehigh

Shine High 4 Life
I am loving it ... alot of the songs I heard snippets of on def jam samplers, but to here the whole thing together ... Classic (Picks up 50's new cd throws it in the back of the van and inserts mega) ... I always loved dude ... I sometimes wonder what the firm album would have turned out if he was on there

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.