Albums or concepts that where destroyed by record company's.

(Please Exclude posthumous 2pac CD's)

I was thinking how I thought the idea of "The St Valentines day Massacre"
was really cool and the Record company really fucked up some great marketing opportunities by pushing it back IMO.

It is also Famous how Interscope made Tupac Change his concept for "Thug Life"

I also Remember the "Paid the Cost To be the Boss" had some great tracks that did not make the cut.

Anyone else think of more?

Harry_potter said:

(Please Exclude posthumous 2pac CD's)

I was thinking how I thought the idea of "The St Valentines day Massacre"
was really cool and the Record company really fucked up some great marketing opportunities by pushing it back IMO.

Anyone else think of more?
50 pushed it back himself because he thought it would fuck with The Game's sales.

stillkilluminati said:
50 pushed it back himself because he thought it would fuck with The Game's sales.
from what I heard it was a interscope order. but either way they fucked it up cause they held back the Game's CD for to long.

HitEmUp21 said:
Priority
Ras Kass - Van Gogh
Ras Kass - Goldyn Chyld
Bad Azz - Personal Business

Rawkus
Kool G Rap - The Giancana Story
Oh Shit I can not believe I forgot Van Gogh(Goldyn Chyld was basically Van Gogh with a few songs exchanged) and also "Personal Business" Both CD;s are True West Coast Classics. man Thinking about it I pisses me off that The Game get's all these Props when Both Ras and Bad are by far better then him.

I am glad I made this topic I knew there would be quite a few, keep them coming please.

Bone Thugs - Thug World Order
Bizzy Bone - Heaven'z Movie

One Nation Vol 1 & 2

Ice Cube & Dr Dre - Natural Born Killaz (Duo Project)

Crooked I

And remember Shaheed The Poster Boy... He had so much hype after the 106 & Park run, he would of been way bigger then Jin, but now if he releases a cd I don't think anybody would care...

And more recently LOYAL 2 THE GAME (I couldn't exclude this one, it was a homicide)

Thug World Order displayed a Bone that seemed to have fallen off but the unreleased songs recorded for that album showed us something completely different. A tragedy indeed.

AnarchistFunk said:
Bone Thugs - Thug World Order
Bizzy Bone - Heaven'z Movie

One Nation Vol 1 & 2

Ice Cube & Dr Dre - Natural Born Killaz (Duo Project)

Crooked I

And remember Shaheed The Poster Boy... He had so much hype after the 106 & Park run, he would of been way bigger then Jin, but now if he releases a cd I don't think anybody would care...

And more recently LOYAL 2 THE GAME (I couldn't exclude this one, it was a homicide)
what did the label do to the Bone CD's?

and Ice Cube & Dre "Helter Skelter" was not the lables fault it was Dre's

Bill G said:
Thug World Order displayed a Bone that seemed to have fallen off but the unreleased songs recorded for that album showed us something completely different. A tragedy indeed.
It was incredible the difference between the released and unreleased songs, nothing more then a) a sabotage by tomica knowing they werent coming back or b) the result of tomica smoking crack all day

Harry_potter said:
what did the label do to the Bone CD's?

and Ice Cube & Dre "Helter Skelter" was not the lables fault it was Dre's
Thug World Order- Basically it's like you had the choice to put either Loyal 2 The Game or Makaveli out, and you choose Loyal 2 the Game

Heaven'z Movie- Same thing, a couple of unreleased good songs, songs that cut off after 1min, no Bizzy & Pac

And seeing how at the time Dre was part of the label, it was kind of his fault for being a) lazy fat bastard b)pursuing other imaginary projects and c) stealing other peoples beats

AnarchistFunk said:
And seeing how at the time Dre was part of the label, it was kind of his fault for being a) lazy fat bastard b)pursuing other imaginary projects and c) stealing other peoples beats
not going to argue about this other then to say that IMO that one dose not count or is not what I am looking for.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online