Akon's Early days?

What up everybody!

I havent been able to take the Fugees cd "The Score" out of my cd player for around 2 weeks, because everytime i put it in I find it very difficult to take it out. The Cd is Godlike and that is the only way to explain it. But during my listening session while i was on smoke break at work, I noticed Akon on the cd. He was on the 15th track called Fu-Gee-La (Sly & Robbie Mix) . Akon only had like a 15 second part at the very end, but none the less this is a Fugees album and people respect that shit, not only do people respect the album they respect the Fugees as one of the top rap groups of all-time. Their albums are praised and called classics. But i got to thinking, if Akon is working with the Fugees then he must be well respected and have some type of recording going on around this time. Album came out Feb 13 1996. And almost for sure the album was recorded in 95. So considering that, where is Akon's early work? Any got some info on his early career info? I am really interested in finding this shit out.

I dont know how to up the song, so if someone else wants to they can. But go download that shit if you want, just be sure to get that remix cause it is the only one that it is on. Or holler at me on AIM zach8523.

peace

thats fucking crazy. i love the album too, and have also been listening to it a lot recently but i never noticed this. i have no ideaa what akon is doing on the track, but big ups to him for getting onto one of the best albums of all time.

A

Deuce 7 Tha Psycho said:
is he listed (credited) as akon?
He says AKON in his brief part. I stole the tape from a my friends brother, so i dont have the book, just the cd. But its definatley him, shit hes got that distinct voice and he does sound fairly young. I highly doubt this is the remastered cd cause my friends bro bought the cd around the time it officially dropped.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.