Akon

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I dont usually fuck with r&b but I cant get enough of Akon dude is so ill. I havent bumped any r&b artist this much since TQ came out.

Mase

Personally, I think he is over-rated. He definetly has alot of dope songs on Trouble, I cant say Im not anticipating his next Album. R.I.P to his manager that was gunned down not long ago.

i love the beat on Locked Up, and the styles P feature is dope, im really feeling the ghetto remix too with Biggie and Pac

"another day in the ghetto"
"Whoaaaa"

:thumb:

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
To be quite honest and to elaborate on my first post, I dont really view Akon as r&b, to me he's a hiphop artist who sings you know.

Rukas said:
To be quite honest and to elaborate on my first post, I dont really view Akon as r&b, to me he's a hiphop artist who sings you know.
Just listening to the song you played on the radio...well, now...and that sounds more hip hop than r&b. I think its coz the songs have more of a hip hop theme, ghettos and shit, rather than love and whatever, which is why I think the distinction is blurred.

Amara said:
Just listening to the song you played on the radio...well, now...and that sounds more hip hop than r&b. I think its coz the songs have more of a hip hop theme, ghettos and shit, rather than love and whatever, which is why I think the distinction is blurred.
Amara there's a differance between songs about love and songs about nothing. Love isn't a gay,pop thing... Love is why we do things, Love has deformations which are hate, revenge... etc... but it all comes from love, love for somehting or love for something negative that is against the positive thing. The reason why AKON makes amazing music, is because he brings his heart to it and the subjects he chooses to make music about are things most of us can relate to or atleast feel because it's real life. If Akon made a song about loving a woman, that's not a problem. That's just being real, making a dedication to his second half. So it's all good there, Akon is a soldier and i'm glad he's doing his thing. He has a great album, hit after hit.

Peace- Sallam

Te-R.o.a.r (T.h.u.g.)777 said:
Amara there's a differance between songs about love and songs about nothing. Love isn't a gay,pop thing... Love is why we do things, Love has deformations which are hate, revenge... etc... but it all comes from love, love for somehting or love for something negative that is against the positive thing. The reason why AKON makes amazing music, is because he brings his heart to it and the subjects he chooses to make music about are things most of us can relate to or atleast feel because it's real life. If Akon made a song about loving a woman, that's not a problem. That's just being real, making a dedication to his second half. So it's all good there, Akon is a soldier and i'm glad he's doing his thing. He has a great album, hit after hit.

Peace- Sallam
Oh yeah, definately. I didn't mean to suggest love was a "gay" theme. What I meant was that love, relationships etc dominate r&b and the reason why Akon stands out and borders on hip hop is the fact that he branches out with his themes (at least from the few songs I have heard) - that is not to criticise either thematical style, it's just a difference.

Amara said:
Oh yeah, definately. I didn't mean to suggest love was a "gay" theme. What I meant was that love, relationships etc dominate r&b and the reason why Akon stands out and borders on hip hop is the fact that he branches out with his themes (at least from the few songs I have heard) - that is not to criticise either thematical style, it's just a difference.
Exactly, but Mashallah the dude just has a vibe about him... I'm listenin to Ghetto, and the lyircs just suck you in 'cause it's hard to ignore the shit he's singin' about since you go through the same shit... :)

Peace.

fain said:
Do you like to see akon on the next pac album? (hook only)
If he got the right producer to do it, then yeah because the Ghetto Gospel remix featuring Akon is better then about 5 Eminem Tupac remixes put together... and this is only becuase the dude who remixed it understands how WE would like to hear Tupac's music.... No raping of the voclas lol.

Peace

Having read all the posts but I did want to say that the DJ One remix of Ghetto Gospel with Akon's Ghetto is so fucking ill!!

I know someone else mentioned it here, but I just thought I'd reiterate, it's so much better than the LTTG version & as good as, if not better than, the OG.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.