abstract hip hop

what are peoples thoughts on it.. personally theres certain artist that can be weird, but are crazy at the same time, and i can bump their shit. Other times, I just cant stand certain artists.. to me some of the artists that do it well are ppl like: Eyedea, Sage Francis (new album is dope), illogic, & mf doom.

and then u get into dudes like dose one n shit, and i cant really listen to that type of shit.

what are some other good abstract hip hop artists?

7 Syns

I wouldn't call doom abstract, i'd just call him a pure emcee. a representative of the hip-hop nation whom can spit on tracks with flows and lyrics and at the same time can hold down a show.

i'd say the new Q-Tip shit like Renaissance or Open is abstract, madlib like aristotle mentioned too. i'd say K-Os is abstract, sage francis and shit.

all the other shit that pops to mind is more underground, unnoticed and just straight emcing more so than abstract.

peac3.

ARon

Abstract can cover a lot of areas, you can almost throw out any name and give a legitimate arguement for them.

Something newer I should mention is Sa-Ra - The Hollywood Recordings.

yea u guys are right, its kinda hard to categorize someoby as "abstract hip hop artist". But I mean, just dudes spitting about subject matter, i guess away from 'the norm'. Just some different shit you know. People that are being who they wanna be, and talking about what they wanna talk about regardless of if people think its a bit weird.

And yea K-os and madlib are both pretty dope. ima have to check out that new Q-tip and Sa Ra.

~peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.