About Poppa LQ (Regime member)

Ok. I know he released two albums respectively in 1989 and 1995. The first one is not available anymore but I'm interested by his second release "Your Entertainment, My Reality"... Does someone heard it and could share his thoughts on it? Then he formed a group back in the day with Cool Nutz (of the Goon Squad) and producer Bosko called "DBA". Did they release an album together or what? At last who was also part of this group "Lost Angels" (I think they only had one song on that "Bones" soundtrack)? Thanks.

Lok

dimos06 said:
Ok. I know he released two albums respectively in 1989 and 1995. The first one is not available anymore but I'm interested by his second release "Your Entertainment, My Reality"... Does someone heard it and could share his thoughts on it? Then he formed a group back in the day with Cool Nutz (of the Goon Squad) and producer Bosko called "DBA". Did they release an album together or what? At last who was also part of this group "Lost Angels" (I think they only had one song on that "Bones" soundtrack)? Thanks.
It was pretty good, had some cool songs on it. If your a big fan then you will definitely like it. I used to have it until I reformatted my HD, but I should have it on a CD-R somewhere, if I find it i'l post it. But yeah, if you're a big fan then you can buy it on ebay or amazon, it goes around 10-20.

Chronic

Yeah the 95 album was pretty dope. Had production by LQ himself, Bosko, AMG, Mike Dean, Battlecat and some others and it featured CJ Mac, Menace Clan and AMG (also King Lou says some shit on the intro on one of the songs).

D.B.A. (Doing Business As) released an album called "The Album" basically in '99 and I think they re-released it in '01. Not sure about that though.

Tracklisting:

01 - All Checks Are Cleared (feat. Ras Kass)
02 - Fa Shiesty Cats (feat. Kurupt & WC) <--- [released as single]
03 - All I Know (feat. E-40)
04 - Naw! (That's What They Won't Do) (feat. Jayo Felony)
05 - Gangsta Granny (Skit) ('What I Wansta Do')
06 - Losin' My Cool (feat. AMG & RC)
07 - City Life (feat. Spice 1 & Richie Rich)
08 - Tic Toc
09 - Keep My Soul (feat. Phats Bossi & Sabotaj)
10 - Gangsta Granny (Skit) ('What Ti Hate')
11 - Pounds On It (feat. Kam & CJ Mac)
12 - Havin' Thangs (feat. Luniz)
13 - Done Deal (feat. B-Legit, G-Ism & Maniac Lok)
14 - La Di Day
15 - Holla What's Up (feat. Baby Beesh, Frost & Jay Tee, Latino Velvet & N2Deep)
16 - All Checks Are Cleared (feat. Ras Kass) (Bombay Remix)

Had a couple of dope tracks. Was entirely produced by Bosko if I remember correctly.

Also, in case you didn't know, he released his first album "Notes of a Native Son" under the name Laquan (which is where LQ comes from).

I used to have a very extensive Regime site but I lost all the info :(

Chronic said:
Yeah the 95 album was pretty dope. Had production by LQ himself, Bosko, AMG, Mike Dean, Battlecat and some others and it featured CJ Mac, Menace Clan and AMG (also King Lou says some shit on the intro on one of the songs).

D.B.A. (Doing Business As) released an album called "The Album" basically in '99 and I think they re-released it in '01. Not sure about that though.

Tracklisting:

01 - All Checks Are Cleared (feat. Ras Kass)
02 - Fa Shiesty Cats (feat. Kurupt & WC) <--- [released as single]
03 - All I Know (feat. E-40)
04 - Naw! (That's What They Won't Do) (feat. Jayo Felony)
05 - Gangsta Granny (Skit) ('What I Wansta Do')
06 - Losin' My Cool (feat. AMG & RC)
07 - City Life (feat. Spice 1 & Richie Rich)
08 - Tic Toc
09 - Keep My Soul (feat. Phats Bossi & Sabotaj)
10 - Gangsta Granny (Skit) ('What Ti Hate')
11 - Pounds On It (feat. Kam & CJ Mac)
12 - Havin' Thangs (feat. Luniz)
13 - Done Deal (feat. B-Legit, G-Ism & Maniac Lok)
14 - La Di Day
15 - Holla What's Up (feat. Baby Beesh, Frost & Jay Tee, Latino Velvet & N2Deep)
16 - All Checks Are Cleared (feat. Ras Kass) (Bombay Remix)

Had a couple of dope tracks. Was entirely produced by Bosko if I remember correctly.

Also, in case you didn't know, he released his first album "Notes of a Native Son" under the name Laquan (which is where LQ comes from).

I used to have a very extensive Regime site but I lost all the info :(
Wasn't your site that www.theregime.cjb.net? That site was dope too bad you lost it. :(
Thanks 4 the info. I think I'm going to order the 1995 one. It's not that I'm a fan but I liked his verses on "Killaz On The Payroll" and "Regime Mobstaz", he was also good on the regime track from Yuk's second album and his songs on AOW 1 were pretty good too. Thanks y'all. *Lok* I'd like to listen to a few cuts so if u could PM just 2 or 3 tracks that would be much appreciated. :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.