a tribe called quest?

i remember my brother listening to them like 7 years ago or something but i never really gave them a listen.
does anybody know which of their albums are best to pick up? or any good songs worth listening to for someone who hasn't heard much of them?

linx

Staff member
One of the best groups ever right there, don't sleep. If you ask me, you should get their first three albums. People's Instinctive Travels and..., Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders. But if you wanna get one to start out, I would suggest Low End Theory.

^^^ agree 100%. get both three albums. i GUARANTEE you wont be disapointed. and listen to them in order, it kinda interesting to listen how they grow over those three albums

ARon

Hallbanger said:
^^^ agree 100%. get both three albums. i GUARANTEE you wont be disapointed. and listen to them in order, it kinda interesting to listen how they grow over those three albums
Sorry kind of funny how you said get "both" "three" albums. But yeah, their first 3 albums are classic, debatable but accepted. Mindnight Marauders is probably something i'd tell the kids of today to listen to first, they won't find the sound so "boring" you know.

i have a few of their songs mostly colabs though one with
- ATCQ & fugees and busta ryhmes-rumble in the jungle
-da booty from their cd the love movement from 98
-ATCQ & mos def-hydro

PDT

Everybody must own Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders, two of the greatest albums ever. Peoples Instinctive Travels & The Paths Of Rhythm is good shit, too.

The following statement is arguable because the original Wu-Tang Clan existed: A Tribe Called Quest is the greatest group to ever be involved with Hip Hop. Pick up their first three albums and listen for yourself. If you're into "Alternative" Rap, they are your group. Their first album is a little more difficult to find than Low End Theory while Midnight Marauders pops up quite frequently at Best Buy and Sam Goody. Pick up those LPs and you won't be disappointed

MATW95 said:
A Tribe Called Quest is the greatest group to ever be involved with Hip Hop.
Agreed. Classic. Their in my top three artists of all time, next to Pac and Nas I believe.

check out these tracks to give you a taste

Busta's Lament
Like It Like That
Can I Kick It
Represent
The Hop
Electric Relaxation
Da Booty
Scenario
Once Again
Check The Rhyme

man, it would be a hard decision if someone made me pick between ATCQ and Wu Tang. two completely different styles, yet you could make strong arguments for both as the greatest hip hop group of all time

man, it would be a hard decision if someone made me pick between ATCQ and Wu Tang. two completely different styles, yet you could make strong arguments for both as the greatest hip hop group of all time

Advocate said:
Agreed. Classic. Their in my top three artists of all time, next to Pac and Nas I believe.

Busta's Lament
Like It Like That
Can I Kick It
Represent
The Hop
Electric Relaxation
Da Booty
Scenario
Once Again
Check The Rhyme

id put world tour and oh my god on that shit

Advocate said:

Busta's Lament
Like It Like That
Can I Kick It
Represent
The Hop
Electric Relaxation
Da Booty
Scenario
Once Again
Check The Rhyme

id put world tour and oh my god on that shit

i bought midnight marauders and downloaded low end theory, and personally i thought they weren't that great, but were probably better and fresh sounding when released more than 10 years ago.
i could name lots of better groups..

ATCQ said:
:eek: 'the fuck outta here
the lyrics are okay, content wise a lot of songs are lame
the flow sounds good altho gets repetetive
and the beats are hit or miss.. i usually like the mellow jazz type stuff but some of the songs just don't sound that good

whochur said:
the lyrics are okay, content wise a lot of songs are lame
the flow sounds good altho gets repetetive
and the beats are hit or miss.. i usually like the mellow jazz type stuff but some of the songs just don't sound that good
I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if I disagree with it ;)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.