A Tribe Called Quest reunite for tour

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Ali Shaheed of A Tribe Called Quest tells MTV.com that the group is planning a reunion tour to kick off sometime in the fall.

"We're looking at October, November," Shaheed told the Web site. "Q-Tip is working on his next solo record; Phife is doing the same thing. I'm working on my second solo album. I know people are like, 'Enough with the solos. Can we get a Tribe joint?' For us, that kind of love makes us feel really good."

The group severed ties in 1998 following their 1998 album, The Love Movement. Q-Tip and Phife Dawg launched solo careers, while Muhammad founded the R&B group Lucy Pearl with Tony, Toni, Tone! front man Rafael Saddiq and former En Vogue singer Dawn Robinson. However, diehard Tribe heads never let go of the possibility that the group would eventually reunite.

"We never knew that all these years, people would be interested," said Muhammad. "When we left, we meant it to be. When we disbanded, we never had any intentions of coming back."

According to Muhammad, it’s likely that the group will avoid recording new material for fear it would spoil their well-established place in hip-hop history. He adds, "As far as doing any albums, there's still a question mark on that. We're not that far along yet. We're going to take these shows and see how it goes."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.