A new Wu-Tang album is a possibility?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Will all nine surviving members of the Staten Island-based rap outfit Wu-Tang Clan ever be able to share the same studio again and crank out another album? Group member Ghostface Killah says it depends on the maturity level of his fellow band mates.

"Certain members is comfortable, and certain members is not comfortable" with the group dynamic, he said following a gig Wednesday night in Amsterdam. "If we can really come together and ... put aside all the differences that we had, then we could make a Wu-Tang album. We gotta square up a lot."

A new studio album would mark the first from the group since 2001. Meanwhile, the members have kept busy by putting out solo albums. Ghostface, born Dennis Coles, is currently touring behind his latest effort Fishscale. Long gone are the days when the rapper would don a white mask on stage to go along with his Kung-Fu-inspired rap moniker.

He explains: "The reason I quit the mask thing, is, it was like, when I was doing shows with the mask on, people couldn't really hear what I was saying, you know what I mean?"

Wasn't there something on the official Wu Tang website recently were Method Man said something like him and the Rza were starting in the studio on a new album, and that the other members of the clan were welcome to join them whenever?

Who's got beef with who?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.