a message from me to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 Syns

there's nothing better then when you pick up a record without knowing what to expect, get home -- bump it -- and just get lifted by the quality of the music. today, i found that feeling out once again. this time with mf grimm's 'the downfall of ibliys: a ghetto opera'. the record is really good, the rhymes that grimm produce's are solid. he occasionally even lifts his vocals and some-what melodies to the beat which i didn't mind either. the beats are 90% great, some well one or two i wasn't feeling all that much.

i think i really made a mistake years ago by flicking away any opportunity i had to listen to his music. i always thought he was on some weird shit, but seeing my recent renaissance of musical love and overall appreciation for everything i came to my senses.

mf grimm is a hella nice emcee, now the case is clear. the next record i'll buy will be another mf doom one to give him a second chance, i didn't like madlibs/doom's = madvilliany all that much but i think that was just not understand where and how doom was expressing his music and which direction he was taking it in with that record. the beats still do annoy me, but i can live.

this thread serves as a start and purpose, to those who would never give something a chance to give it a chance. if i, who chronic/roaches can co-sign disliked doom/grimm in the past can now give them a good chance and listening. i think anyone can give any artist (they wouldn't usually bump) a spin. everything has borders and horizons when it comes to music, but borders and horizons can be broken or surpassed.

hip-hop is a beautiful thing, enjoy it all.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.