A couple of good decisions I made today concerning albums I bought.

7 Syns

I had the pleasure of going to the record store today and buying a few cd's. From the purchases I made, I must admitt Im impressed with nearly every album I copped.

* Idlewild by Outkast, I hadn't heard it until today minus the radio hits and a few odd tracks. I love it.

* Mo' Mega by Mr. Lif, I downloaded it and liked it that much that it was the 1st cd I picked up. A must have imo.

* The Shining by J Dilla, another gem. I do ask the question however is it a finished product or was Dilla going to work on it abit more? Either way, this is a beautiful album.

* Game Theory by The Roots, again I hadn't heard it before today minus the odd tracks here and there. Great album, another solid opus from the greatest live band in hip-hop.

* G Classics by unknown dj, it's complied music by Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit. However it is one track that runs for 65 minutes, it changes up every minute/30 seconds etc between the original sample of a beat to the current sample. It's decent. Worth a checking.

* Year Of The Dog... Again by DMX, eh. Nothing groundbreaking. Gets tired after a few listens.

* 2nd Rounds On Me by Obie Trice, see above.

* Made In Brooklyn by Masta Killa, like Mo' Mega after I downloaded it I just had to buy it. Great album imo.

Not bad aye?

peace.

ARon

Dilla' was pretty much done, all I read in Scratch is that he was gonna rap on Jungle Love, and they got Guilty Simpson instead, and one other track, cant remember though. Might of been the one with D'Angelo.

Tiago said:
* G Classics by unknown dj, it's complied music by Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit. However it is one track that runs for 65 minutes, it changes up every minute/30 seconds etc between the original sample of a beat to the current sample. It's decent. Worth a checking.

I really curious about this one. I love DJ Tapes that just blend into the next song

i'm sorry but the new outkast album is complete shit!! it's not hip hop music or even music for that matter. it's just weird. i've been a fan since the southernplayalistic days but good god that album is horrible.

monicaontjsball said:
i'm sorry but the new outkast album is complete shit!! it's not hip hop music or even music for that matter. it's just weird. i've been a fan since the southernplayalistic days but good god that album is horrible.
I'm guessing you thought Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is horrible too?

ARon

monicaontjsball said:
How can you say that album is not music?

This really isn't directed towards you but..
I'm tired of these so called "heads" who think everything has to follow one "underground" path. It has to sound like this, it cant have this, or just stupid shit like that. As soon as a song is on the radio its bad. If its different its bad. If its not like their other work its bad. Artists progress, who wants to make the same shit over and over. I'm proud as fuck to be an Outkast fan from day one, who else has went from the Southerplayalistik sound to this type of sound. nobody, in any genre of music really. Its pretty amazing to see what they're doing. Stop being such a critque of music and appreciate the shit. I get so tired of internet heads dissig everything but their little niche in the underground. You want to be a real fan of Hip-Hop stop hating and love what you see, give everything and everyone a chance, fuck this adolescent my favorite rapper is better bullshit. Sorry shit gets me pissed.

Dogmatic187 said:
I'm glad to see someone else loves the new Outkast.
i would love to Outkast drunk n I the f'up !

otherwise I think it's a waste of time listening to those negros while sober !

i ain't ready fo' they shit, sincerely !

monicaontjsball said:
i really couldnt help noticing youre username.....um....something we should know?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.