A couple new records I got.

7 Syns

I got a cd voucher for my bday and decided to go get some records yesterday, I got

Ghostface Killah - Bulletproof Wallets,
One Be Lo - Sonogram
Rasco - Escape From Alcatraz
DJ Andrew Unknown & DJ Mekalek - Ain't No Love

Ive bumped through the Ain't No Love mixtape and it's ill as fuck for the majority, it includes alot of underground cats alot of grimmey emcee's that most on here might never heard of. The most recognisable emcee on it is Masta Ace. There's Graf, Akrobatik, Mr. Complex, Esoteric, Apathy, Louis Logic, Worsworth and perhaps another 20 emcee's busting freestyles over some classic beats and dj scratched/cut beats. The stand out verse is Percee P's on "T.O.N.Y. C.R.E.A.M." over the Wu - Cream instrumental. He murders his verse and re-incarnates it only to murder it again. lol

Also, Ghostface Killah's Bulletproof Wallets. Ive heard most of it a couple years back but never owned the original. After a thorough listen I came to a conclusion that it's better than The Pretty Toney Album. And overall his Lp standing are as this (imo) Supreme Clientele, Ironman, BulletProof Wallets and then Pretty Toney. Opinions?

Rasco, haven't heard but people been sayings it's aiight. An above average effort, but im just interested in his style. I digged it on a couple mixtapes both solo and Cali Agents.

One Be Lo, well peeps been saying it's one of the best efforts this year alongside Blueprints 1988. Im definately eager to give this a few bump throughs but ill leave it till last.

peace.

7 Syns

I just finished Rasco's Escape From Alcatraz. Im really impressed, it's a very dope record. Anyone who's into westcoast hip-hop or emcee's with substance but still ghetto definately check him out. The beat on My Life is coca, very dope. A couple stand out songs are [Rasco - Escape From Alcatraz] #3: U Got The Time, #4: The Sweet Science feat. Charli2na. #7: My Life, #8: Making U Move feat. Reks, #11: Lets Get Down Tonite, #14: Endless feat. Planet Asia and #16: All I Wanna Be. The remainers are nice and deserve credit but the ones I just mentioned really stood in my mind. Due to either rhymes, content or flow or the beat.

On to One Be Lo - S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. now.

peace.

7 Syns

One Be Lo's lp is fucken doooooooooope. Shit's introspective and one some next level. Ill have to review it later but im up to the song #13: Decepticons and thus far no fillers, not even a filler verse. Wow, im really impressed.

peace.

roaches

If you like One Be Lo's shit, check out Binary Star's Masters of the Universe, that's some of his best work. He also has a few mixtapes/compilations floating around. FETUS, STILLBORN, etc.

You really think Bulletproof Wallets is better than The Pretty Toney Album? If you were talking about the promo version of BW, you'd have an argument, but I just can't see it if you're talking about final products.

Ghostface is one of those guys that makes me hate the red tape hip-hop still has to go through to be expressed as it should. If he didn't have deal with sample-related BS, he'd have four @@@@@ albums.

7 Syns

yeah, I mean don't get me wrong. The Pretty Toney LP was awesome, I enjoyed it but not as much as Bulletproof Wallets. I admitt B.W. is more mainstream than say Ironman, S.C. or T.P.T.A. were but at the same time I liked the feel of the lp. The original ofcourse was fire, at the same time so was Meth's Tical 0 o.g. with them 9 or 10 RZA tracks. Not as good as Ghost's though.

one things comes to my mind, why do the Wu get themselves in these positions of sample problems? Didn't the same shit happen to Rae's Immorbility and Deck's Uncontrollable Substance?

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.