A Blog. [about new records by Game, Jay-Z, Clipse, Snoop Dogg etc]

7 Syns

A blog.

Hello, how is everybody? To those who don't know me, I'm 7 Syns, a proud to say hip-hop head who will bump whatever, whenever with no discrimination. I haven't been online much these days but I came back due to SiGh's request and this thread is his.

Anyways by now the hype surrounding The Doctor's Advocate (Game) and Thy Kingdom Come (Jay-Z) have moved on towards Hip-Hop Is Dead... The N (Nas), More Fish (Ghostface) and Underground Kingz (UGK) and I couldn't be happier.

I've played over Jigga's and Game's new LP's and my opinions withstand, I think that Game's LP on first visit is sonicaly amazing but
lyrically a disappointment. Even though I think that it sounds good overall it lacks the same replay value that The Documentary had. Some songs get the forward-one treatment. Considering the hype generated by months of slick talking, backs and forwards dissing, backlashing, flip-flopping fans and even family turmoils The Game held his own.

However it'll be interesting to see how The Game does when it comes to his 3rd strike. With little to no new lyrical material separating The Doc and Doc's Ad, Game will have to step his rhymes up because the great beats can only take you so far and unless he alters how he approaches songs then I can't see the Game ever receiving this much buzz again.

Overall, I rate the album 4/5. I could have a big long bitch about it, I could have long dickride about it but whatever it be i'll leave it at that. A solid album which honestly will have little replay valuefor me in the years to come.

Thy Kingdom Come was suppose to be a rebirth of the New York hip-hop scene, the self proclaimed King Of N.Y. coming back to regain his throne and but the Big Apple back on top of the the list (and charts). Will it accomplish this however? I doubt it.

Like many have said, Jigga went at this the wrong way. Instead of dropping an album so quickly after his alleged retirement (3 years or something like that), he should have used his powers in the industry to break through some New York artists. Maybe a Re-Up (Eminem) style mixtape/album showcasing what New-New York has to offer to hip-hop. Cosigning the likes of Saigon, Papoose, Jae Millz etc.. or even going as far as bringing literal unknown cats into the game.

The album itself is to me, grown-folk music. Most kids that bump hip-hop or RAP won't really like this album. Then again most older people might not like this album either. It's a strange predicament to be in actually. Personally some songs go hard for example "Beach Chair", "30 Something", "Trouble" etc.. while others flat out sound lazy and have you thinking 'the fucks Jigga doing?'

I have a feeling that alot of people could give a fuck about this album and just want Jigga to hurry up and drop Thug Motivation 102 (Jeezy) or Hip-Hop Is Dead (Nas) already. That's the vibe I'm getting on the net these days. Me? Give me Red Gone Wild (Redman) for fucks sake, I couldn't care about anything else coming out.

The Blue Carpet Treatment is a great record, with perhaps 1 or 3 not so good songs mixed in with the 21 song tracklist. Snoop Dogg produced his best album since Doggystyle, balancing his mellow flow a variety of beats (most Westcoast vibin' ofcourse) and refreshed lyrics perfectly. It actually surprised me.

From personal favorite song "Crazy" to standout cut "Imagine" Snoop gave us everything that we've always liked about him and then some. I really can't say anything more about this album, I have nothing bad to say and really it's basically worth your dollars in my opinion. Which is something I never thought I'd ever say again when concerning a Snoop Dogg album. But I have and I love it.

Grindin',.. nah not really but The Clipse new (XXL by XXL) album is also here. Is this a classic in my mind? No, because i don't buy into all the hype magazine give when they rate albums. I make my own opinion. Is it a good album? For sure. Better then the 3 I have just mentioned? No.

A solid opus nether the less, I honestly thought this album would have been done like their real debut and shelved. I'm glad it didn't though, the overall product is about a 3.5/5 to perhaps just maybe a 4/5. I've only listened to it a few times so I can't really formulate an indepth opinion. I do think though however that it's got it's moments and I'll definitely leave it some room to grow on me.

2006, year in review.

"We started off with some Fishscale,
I thought "daaamn!!..", The NYC scene is gotta prevail//
as the year dragged on it seem a war was brewing',
between the east and the south, while the west stayed cruisin'//
there was no disputin, mid-year we all felt the big bang,
I can't front, hate or debate, just appreciate that Bus did his thang//
got excited when I heard Q-Tip,
but that didn't flourish so I just settled for some new-TIP//
and everybody and their mamma was claiming who be King,
Thy Kingdom Come but nobody was kissing the ring//
Method Man had some shit to Say,
it's just a shame that a hot song like that got little radio-play//
and instead he got played on the radio by Wendy Williams,
Chicken Noodle Soup took us all back to the age of pilgrims//
AZ showed how real emcee's should form-raps,
3 months later I'm still loving The Format//
BET, MTV and Source awards all sucked dick,
and whats really buzz when you're the Doctor's Advocate//
Chuck got everybody thinking "Why You Hate The Game"?,
while stans and haters from both sides got even more lame//
Masta Killed-it when he had Made In Brooklyn,
The Dipset made sure there was more beef cookin'//
From Juelz to Cam to Jim Jones -
'Pac and BIG stay rollin' in their graves with all these wack-clones,
luckily Lupe showed us all how to handle microphones//
Xzibit went Full-Circle but we couldn't concentrate,
The Blue Carpet Treatment was so fly, I swear I seen it elevate//
Fans were unsure how far Outkast will take their new style,
but I must admit you can see me still bumpin Idlewild//
Rhymefest held down a solid Blue Collar job,
while Cee-Lo proved he really no longer needs Goodie Mob//
Blood Money was ashy,
I'm still laughing at the fact 50 thinks he can make Mobb Deep classy//
Boot Camp Clik made one Last Stand,
Banks bought all that new jewelry using his advance//
I still took the chance, but the Apple stayed Rotten,
99% of the game in 2006 stayed floppin' -
but atleast their was some quality shit droppin'//
Hi-Teknology was on some other shit,
Gnarls Barkley gathered up steam and took us to the mother-ship//
I've almost reached the limit of how many characters I can use,
so I leave one last message, love hip-hop and make sure it's never abused...

Continue.

Busta's Big Bang i thought was the tightest record this year when it came out.I was never into his old stuff but this record i liked."How We Do It Over Here", ''New York Shit'', "Been Through The Storm", ''In the Ghetto'', ''You Can't Hold the Torch" were all tight joints.Not to mention other joints that didn't made the cut,''Wheres Your Money'' for example.That joint should have been there.
There suppose to be a second album The Devil's Cry coming next year.Can't wait for that.One of rumored joints i want to hear ''Aftermath Anthem" with Eminem , Dr. Dre , Snoop Dogg & DMX.

Laugh Now, Cry Later was a nice album a lot of people forgetting.''Child Support'' was unbelievable joint.(Next rumored album ''Last Throw Of Tha Dice'' next year.)

AZ's record was real nice also.I thought ''The Format'' joint was one of the better joints i've heard this year.That thing was on repeat at one point for days.

Doctor's Advocate i thought was like i said many time nothing that special.Continues of name dropping and yapping and ass tapping on good beats.Nothing new i haven't heard from first record.

Snoop's The Blue Carpet Treatment was very good man.First quality Snoop-like album since The Godfather.''Get A Light'' with Damian Marl should have been a single instead of ''Candy''.Not a classic i think just becuase it has way too many tracks (21).

There is still Nas album to be heard.But i think Busta's and Snoop's records were two of the bests.

Let me ask a question for next year.With og westcoast dudes dropping their records this year (Kurupt,Daz,DPGC,Cube,Xzibit,Snoop),What you think about new dudes shining next year like Bishop Lamont (''The Reformation''),E-White,Glasses Malone,and finnally Crooked I?And possibly Dre.s Detox record.

7 Syns said:
A blog.

Hello, how is everybody? To those who don't know me, I'm 7 Syns, a proud to say hip-hop head who will bump whatever, whenever with no discrimination. I haven't been online much these days but I came back due to SiGh's request and this thread is his.

Anyways by now the hype surrounding The Doctor's Advocate (Game) and Thy Kingdom Come (Jay-Z) have moved on towards Hip-Hop Is Dead... The N (Nas), More Fish (Ghostface) and Underground Kingz (UGK) and I couldn't be happier.

I've played over Jigga's and Game's new LP's and my opinions withstand, I think that Game's LP on first visit is sonicaly amazing but
lyrically a disappointment. Even though I think that it sounds good overall it lacks the same replay value that The Documentary had. Some songs get the forward-one treatment. Considering the hype generated by months of slick talking, backs and forwards dissing, backlashing, flip-flopping fans and even family turmoils The Game held his own.

However it'll be interesting to see how The Game does when it comes to his 3rd strike. With little to no new lyrical material separating The Doc and Doc's Ad, Game will have to step his rhymes up because the great beats can only take you so far and unless he alters how he approaches songs then I can't see the Game ever receiving this much buzz again.

Overall, I rate the album 4/5. I could have a big long bitch about it, I could have long dickride about it but whatever it be i'll leave it at that. A solid album which honestly will have little replay valuefor me in the years to come.

Thy Kingdom Come was suppose to be a rebirth of the New York hip-hop scene, the self proclaimed King Of N.Y. coming back to regain his throne and but the Big Apple back on top of the the list (and charts). Will it accomplish this however? I doubt it.

Like many have said, Jigga went at this the wrong way. Instead of dropping an album so quickly after his alleged retirement (3 years or something like that), he should have used his powers in the industry to break through some New York artists. Maybe a Re-Up (Eminem) style mixtape/album showcasing what New-New York has to offer to hip-hop. Cosigning the likes of Saigon, Papoose, Jae Millz etc.. or even going as far as bringing literal unknown cats into the game.

The album itself is to me, grown-folk music. Most kids that bump hip-hop or RAP won't really like this album. Then again most older people might not like this album either. It's a strange predicament to be in actually. Personally some songs go hard for example "Beach Chair", "30 Something", "Trouble" etc.. while others flat out sound lazy and have you thinking 'the fucks Jigga doing?'

I have a feeling that alot of people could give a fuck about this album and just want Jigga to hurry up and drop Thug Motivation 102 (Jeezy) or Hip-Hop Is Dead (Nas) already. That's the vibe I'm getting on the net these days. Me? Give me Red Gone Wild (Redman) for fucks sake, I couldn't care about anything else coming out.

The Blue Carpet Treatment is a great record, with perhaps 1 or 3 not so good songs mixed in with the 21 song tracklist. Snoop Dogg produced his best album since Doggystyle, balancing his mellow flow a variety of beats (most Westcoast vibin' ofcourse) and refreshed lyrics perfectly. It actually surprised me.

From personal favorite song "Crazy" to standout cut "Imagine" Snoop gave us everything that we've always liked about him and then some. I really can't say anything more about this album, I have nothing bad to say and really it's basically worth your dollars in my opinion. Which is something I never thought I'd ever say again when concerning a Snoop Dogg album. But I have and I love it.

Grindin',.. nah not really but The Clipse new (XXL by XXL) album is also here. Is this a classic in my mind? No, because i don't buy into all the hype magazine give when they rate albums. I make my own opinion. Is it a good album? For sure. Better then the 3 I have just mentioned? No.

A solid opus nether the less, I honestly thought this album would have been done like their real debut and shelved. I'm glad it didn't though, the overall product is about a 3.5/5 to perhaps just maybe a 4/5. I've only listened to it a few times so I can't really formulate an indepth opinion. I do think though however that it's got it's moments and I'll definitely leave it some room to grow on me.

2006, year in review.

"We started off with some Fishscale,
I thought "daaamn!!..", The NYC scene is gotta prevail//
as the year dragged on it seem a war was brewing',
between the east and the south, while the west stayed cruisin'//
there was no disputin, mid-year we all felt the big bang,
I can't front, hate or debate, just appreciate that Bus did his thang//
got excited when I heard Q-Tip,
but that didn't flourish so I just settled for some new-TIP//
and everybody and their mamma was claiming who be King,
Thy Kingdom Come but nobody was kissing the ring//
Method Man had some shit to Say,
it's just a shame that a hot song like that got little radio-play//
and instead he got played on the radio by Wendy Williams,
Chicken Noodle Soup took us all back to the age of pilgrims//
AZ showed how real emcee's should form-raps,
3 months later I'm still loving The Format//
BET, MTV and Source awards all sucked dick,
and whats really buzz when you're the Doctor's Advocate//
Chuck got everybody thinking "Why You Hate The Game"?,
while stans and haters from both sides got even more lame//
Masta Killed-it when he had Made In Brooklyn,
The Dipset made sure there was more beef cookin'//
From Juelz to Cam to Jim Jones -
'Pac and BIG stay rollin' in their graves with all these wack-clones,
luckily Lupe showed us all how to handle microphones//
Xzibit went Full-Circle but we couldn't concentrate,
The Blue Carpet Treatment was so fly, I swear I seen it elevate//
Fans were unsure how far Outkast will take their new style,
but I must admit you can see me still bumpin Idlewild//
Rhymefest held down a solid Blue Collar job,
while Cee-Lo proved he really no longer needs Goodie Mob//
Blood Money was ashy,
I'm still laughing at the fact 50 thinks he can make Mobb Deep classy//
Boot Camp Clik made one Last Stand,
Banks bought all that new jewelry using his advance//
I still took the chance, but the Apple stayed Rotten,
99% of the game in 2006 stayed floppin' -
but atleast their was some quality shit droppin'//
Hi-Teknology was on some other shit,
Gnarls Barkley gathered up steam and took us to the mother-ship//
I've almost reached the limit of how many characters I can use,
so I leave one last message, love hip-hop and make sure it's never abused...

Continue.

22 years old?
living in brisbane?
7syns i could be your first self proclaimed 4th online enemy, your quite the comic but im sure ill bump into you one day and we'll have quite the chuckle. good night.

ps. your intullectual level could be used in a much more proficient way.

7 Syns

Frank Grimes said:
22 years old?
living in brisbane?
7syns i could be your first self proclaimed 4th online enemy, your quite the comic but im sure ill bump into you one day and we'll have quite the chuckle. good night.

ps. your intullectual level could be used in a much more proficient way.
Good to know mate :thumb:, good to know.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online