50 Speaks On New Soundtrack

The new music you'll soon be hearing from 50 Cent won't be all that different from what you've heard in the past, he says, and there's a reason for that.

"I'm kinda going left a little bit, but not too far from where my audience already embraced me," he said. "Anything that changes too fast is no good. You shouldn't expect me to come to you with my next album totally different from what you already know. In the history of music there hasn't been an artist that's successful — I did my research, so trust me — that put out an album that was themed with a split personality or more than one type of personality."

Fif said that great albums have different emotions, but that if an artist tries to come with more than one persona it won't work.

"Ask Nelly about Sweat and Suit," he said. "There's been a few — Tracey Lee's [Many Faces], Cassidy's Spilt Personality — none of those projects work because the general public typecasts. So when you give them something that isn't what they want, they'll be like, 'No, that isn't want I wanted. I don't care what you feel like today.' "

50 just leaked the song "Hustla's Ambition" from the soundtrack to his movie, "Get Rich or Die Tryin' " (see "50 Says He's No 'Super Actor' — And Tells Em He's Not A Sucker"). The first official single will be "Window Shopper," a track that appears in the film as 50's character, Marcus, buys a big-ticket item.

gunitworld.com

HellRazor05 said:
DMX did the split-personality thing and was very successful, perhaps 50 didn't research as much as he said he did.
Yeah, another G-Unit thread. Just wondering, how do the illiterate do research? The only book that 50 Cent has any use for is a matchbook. On second thought he probably couldn't figure that out either.

Casey

Staff member
2pacnbiggie said:
The new music you'll soon be hearing from 50 Cent won't be all that different from what you've heard in the past, he says, and there's a reason for that.

"I'm kinda going left a little bit, but not too far from where my audience already embraced me," he said. "Anything that changes too fast is no good. You shouldn't expect me to come to you with my next album totally different from what you already know. In the history of music there hasn't been an artist that's successful — I did my research, so trust me — that put out an album that was themed with a split personality or more than one type of personality."

Fif said that great albums have different emotions, but that if an artist tries to come with more than one persona it won't work.

"Ask Nelly about Sweat and Suit," he said. "There's been a few — Tracey Lee's [Many Faces], Cassidy's Spilt Personality — none of those projects work because the general public typecasts. So when you give them something that isn't what they want, they'll be like, 'No, that isn't want I wanted. I don't care what you feel like today.' "

50 just leaked the song "Hustla's Ambition" from the soundtrack to his movie, "Get Rich or Die Tryin' " (see "50 Says He's No 'Super Actor' — And Tells Em He's Not A Sucker"). The first official single will be "Window Shopper," a track that appears in the film as 50's character, Marcus, buys a big-ticket item.

gunitworld.com

bullshit. so "Bad" didnt work for MJ because it was harder edged with more rock and funk, nothing like the pop-soul of "Thriller"?

I guess Strictly 4 my Niggaz didnt work because it wasn't political like "2Pacalypse Now". 50 really is an idiot.

Look at Prince, one of the most successfull artists ever, he pretty much has a different style every album, i.e

Dirty Mind - hard edged rock, funk and new wave
Controversy - Mixture of funk and ballads
1999 - Pure electro funk
Purple Rain - Straight rock album
Around the world in a day - 60's psychedelic rock funk
etc etc etc etc etc etc

50's theory means you end up sounding exactly the same on every album. The key to constant success is constant re-invention and moving with the times. Not making the same shit over and over.

Which is why "The Massacre" sounded like a feeble imitation of "GRODT", and this new soundtrack will probably sound like a feeble imitation of "The Massacre"

TheCat

50 will continue to keep on selling records cos of his promotion of half naked women, bassy beats for Chavs that used to like Techno music and chest bearing videos, just like boy bands. thats seems to be his appeal anyway to the UK..

yeh i give him credit for the catchy chourus cos thats is a big selling point to casual rap listeners, he doesnt have the charisma he had back in the power of a dollar days.

Lok

It's not enough that we have 5 new 50 Cent threads everyday, but now people bring back old 50 Cent threads as well.

Wonderful.

ARTIST: VA
TITLE: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' OST
LABEL: G-Unit/Interscope
GENRE: Rap
BITRATE: 195kbps avg
PLAYTIME: 1h 05min total
RELEASE DATE: 2005-11-08
RIP DATE: 2005-10-26

Track List
----------
01. 50 Cent - Hustler's Ambition 3:57
02. 50 Cent - What If 3:05
03. Spider Loc Feat. 50 Cent & 3:59
Lloyd Banks - Things Change
04. Lloyd Banks Feat. 50 Cent & 4:15
Young Buck - You Already Know
05. M.O.P. Feat. 50 Cent - When 3:05
Death Becomes You
06. Mobb Deep Feat. 50 Cent & Nate 3:55
Dogg - Have A Party
07. 50 Cent Feat. Olivia - We Both 3:05
Think Alike
08. Young Buck - Don't Need No 2:50
Help
09. Lloyd Banks - Get Low 3:56
10. Tony Yayo - Fake Love 3:21
11. 50 Cent - Window Shopper 3:10
12. Lloyd Banks - Born Alone, Die 3:00
Alone
13. Mobb Deep Feat. 50 Cent - You 3:05
A Shooter
14. 50 Cent Feat. Lloyd Banks, 4:32
Prodigy, Spider Loc & Ma$e - I
Don't Know Officer
15. 50 Cent - Talk About Me 3:41
16. 50 Cent - When It Rains It 4:02
Pours
17. 50 Cent - Best Friend 4:11
18. 50 Cent Feat. Young Buck - 3:56
I'll Whip Ya Head Boy

Yeah, it's a crap imitation of The Massacre. But does it matter? It's his ambition that's contagious, and he's fucking destroying everything in his path. As usual, there's 4 or 5 hot joints on it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.