50 quote = every hater on this board

"Like, Banks, he understands. He watched it go from, "Yo, I like Banks better than I like 50..." to "Yo, I can't front, I'm feeling Young Buck, I ain't feeling Banks..." - 50 in XXL

Shady/Aftermath has it down, man. After an artist is out for a little while, they go out and sign one that's a different flavor to stay on top until everyone is a diehard fan of one of their artists.

Chronic said:
Can you quote the whole paragraph?

Thanks
I like to watch myself on television so I can think about what my old friends are saying. From where I'm from, niggas don't like to see niggas do good. Banks' [album sales] is one-point-three, on his way to two million. Like, Banks, he understands. He watched it go from, "Yo, I like Banks better than I like 50..." to "Yo, I can't front, I'm feeling Young Buck, I ain't feeling Banks..." You see what I'm saying? But internally, in the camp, we have no problems.

Read the rest of the shit in the mag, it might be up on xxlmag.com, i haven't checked.

I prefer XXL to the source. The source kind of has more of an agenda, and some articles in XXl are priceless. The Eminem interview was great, he got asked straight up if he was favouring his new flow, thus sacraficing his lyrical content. Their year-end wrap up issue was very entertaining too, they went through every aspect of hip-hop culture (from 2004) and said whether they liked it or hated it. Sounds mundane, but they had some pretty funny categories. They liked cribs but hated pimp my ride :D

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.