50/Kanye - who the hell won?

I've read on a Dutch and on the the official site of the Belgian public television that Kanye has won in the Us & Uk.

The expectation is that Kanye will sell between 575.000 and 700.000 in his first week and 50 will sell between 500.000 and 600.000.

if store reports continue the way they were Sept 11th. According to executives with three of the major labels, whose job duties include projecting first week scans based on early store sales reports, "Graduation" could come in at the 575,000-700,000 range, while "Curtis" is being projected in the 500,000-600,000 range. But it's not over there 50 Cent may even come in THIRD this week. Country artist Kenny Chesney and his Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates album is selling in the range of 400,000-550,000 copies.

50 never said he was going to retire...all he said was it would be his last solo album. we're still going to hear his bullshit on the g-unit cd's or any guest appearances he might do. and also god only knows he might try to pull some shit and come back with a new fuckin name claiming that "50 cent" is done and just come as a new alias. who knows nothing is certain in this crap industry.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
yea people take the "ill retire" statement too seriously

he kinda just said it as a sarcastic comment

but anyway. it will be funny to see his reaction if Kanye wins

oh and this whole thing was a smart marketting tactic

dumb ass radio people here in MI were saying 50 was gonna retire if kanye outsold him and i was talking over them in my car saying how fucking dumb they were because he said he didnt say that crap and so basicly he was either jokingly saying it or it's a dumb ass rumor. either way he isnt gonna fucking quit. kanye's album was a pop hop album. it is good though. 50's is an adult hop album. it's good too. depends on what you like to say which is better. people need to stop hating sucessful people and get the fuck off their asses and do better if they think they can or shut the fuck up.

You are right, real shit is still being made but it isn't mainstream like b4...Rap now has to appeal to teenage girls and boys for it to sell.. ... I hate turning on the radio and listening to all that girly shit... (good thing i don't listen to the radio anymore huh? ;) )....ha! i miss the 90's

ARon

I think that is the only point I feel when people complain about rap. The radio is definitely not the same. I remember you'd go in a parking lot with 5 or 6 cars parked all of em bumpin the radio and you'd be set, could chill there all day, definitely cant do that now. Then again the radio did play some shit back then too. Whatever though.

Back to the best marketing scheme we've seen, maybe in rap history. Have to applaud these two no matter what, but then I keep applauding Kanye cus his album is something I really like.

I don't understand why everyone is supporting Kanye....did anybody not see the video where he was crying like a bitch over not getting the main stage at the MTV Music Awards?...(and then MTV saying they offered him the main stage, but he opted to go with a side suite)...He acted like he was five years old.

Anyway, I thought 50's album was better...kanye's was too slow for my taste.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
in terms of "pop albums"....50
s album has maybe 3 or 4 radio friendly singles...the rest is pretty gritty

i think people need to get over that because its been this way for years now...as much as i want it to be...that 1995-97 golden era of hiphop isnt comming back

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.