50 cent's BISD album sales

The numbers aren't looking too good, projecting to sale 150,000...... But there is some confusion over whether that is what was sold only on I-tunes since it was up on I-tunes a week earlier....

The actual first week sales will include last week's I-tunes plus actual physical copies and internet sales from this week, so the number may be alot higher....

I'm not a 50 fan, but I listened to a few off this album and it was kinda boring to me....

I just find this interesting if indeed the man that has never sold under 650,000 first week, can only match Rick Ross' last album with tons more promotion......

Like I said though there is some confusion on the projections

THEV1LL4N

no way can he be selling figures that low. theyve got to be significantly higher, especially from an albums thats been much talekd about and anticipated. go 50!!

It has been leaked for almost a month though..... But I agree, I think it will be much higher....

It will probably be about like Jays, but we all know Jay bumps up his totals himself, I wonder if 50 would do the same....

Kobe

I'm not a 50 fan, but I listened to a few off this album and it was kinda boring to me....
I feel the same way about the LP. I did have high expectations considering the promotion and the interviews he did about the LP. I'm surprised most of his fans don't get his sense of humor in the music.

It will probably be about like Jays, but we all know Jay bumps up his totals himself, I wonder if 50 would do the same....
I'm not a Jay-Z fan either. Could you explain what you mean by 'bumps up his totals himself'?

I'm not a Jay-Z fan either. Could you explain what you mean by 'bumps up his totals himself'?
He means that Jay-Z buys his own records thus increasing the total records sales..
I don't believe that shit though

50 Cents album is boring as fuck. Jay-Z album is alot better and I don't expect 50s album to exceed Jiggas album sales.
I can't see any singles from BISD getting more spins than 'Empire State of Mind' either.

Yes I meant he buys his own records.... I don't remember what album it was years ago, but Jay had like a 80-90 % drop in sales from first to second week, which doesn't prove anything but makes you wonder how that first week was so unproportionally high...

Its not just Jay but whole record labels, such as Def Jam especially in late 90's till a couple years ago.....

I don't think Jay did it with this last one.... I can see him doing that number

Personally I think Jay's emphasis on sales, such as his comments, "Numbers don't lie", when making his case for him being the"best", tells me this is very probable

I think rappers over the last 3 to 4 years that sale 800,000 or more, especially over a million in first week definitely do that also... Im not just picking on Jay..... In these times, I just don't think those numbers are possible with rap, Michael Jackson maybe

THEV1LL4N

the only promotion for BISD ive seen is an advert on tv for the album. a quick glimpse of the "ok you're right" beat which instantly switches to "baby by me". its like a <20-25s commercial. very brief.

Da_Funk

Didn't Wayne sell a mil with The Carter 3 in the first week? I'm not positive if it was the first week but I know for sure he sold a mil+ with that album.
He was the first to sell a mill + since 50 dropped The Massacre. Very few rappers are gonna sell more than 800,000 the first week. Rap just ain't the in thing anymore.

_carmi

me, myself & us
I didn't know 50 was released BISD until I saw this thread. He isn't going to sell well without promotion. It's not because he is 50 Cent that he will sell. Last time he needed beef with Kanye to sell.

Stred

Stank ass bitch
Staff member
Yeah fag boy didn't even stop rapping. This album is crap, the only songs that are half decent are Psycho and Baby By Me, but even that has an annoying hook.

ill-matic

^^ wtf.. if baby by me is considered one of the best tracks then ive given up on him

and now he's trying this ploy to shit on jay to save himself. pfff bahahah

Game even admitted that he was happy Jay-Z didn't respond because if he did he would have tore him a new asshole.

Kobe

I still wonder why they bother to give us the stats of units moved/ordered/taken to the stores/shipped out on a boat,plane or whatever instead of the actual amount of records that were sold.

I'm more interested in how many were actually bought by fans in a week to be quite honest. Not how many were taken to stores. I know orders place an idea on anticipation but if it stays in the store for over six months whats the point?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.