50 Cent wants to take Oprah down a peg; speaks on Proof's death

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
First it was Ludacris Vs Oprah. Now 50 Cent wants a piece of the talkshow queen. According to reports the next DJ Whoo Kid mix tape contains a 50 Cent joint dissing the mighty Oprah Winfrey.

The talk show host is in the rapper's crosshairs for her unwillingness to invite certain types of hip hop artists on her show.Winfrey has often voiced disgust against artists who use their free speech to spit the N-word, degrade women and promote violence in their lyrics.

When asked about Oprah’s stance in a recent interview with the Associated Press, 50 didn’t bite his tongue.

"I think she caters to older white women," said the 29-year-old MC. "Oprah's audience is my audience's parents. So, I could care less about Oprah or her show." Taking it a step further, 50 said any stamp of approval from Oprah would be disastrous for his career anyway.

"I'm actually better off having friction with her," he said.

The rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, also spoke about his mentor Eminem following the shooting death of D12 member Proof earlier this month at a Detroit nightclub.

"He's coming along," 50 said of Eminem. "He's gonna be all right. I mean, it was definitely a big loss for him. Proof was actually his best friend in the world from forever."

The rapper also took time to address the study released last week by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation – a nonprofit public health research group – which suggested that young people who listen to rap music are more prone to alcohol and drug use and aggressive behavior.

The Queens native disagrees with the findings, believing that parents should take most of the blame for failing to explain that his music is entertainment, not a blueprint for breaking the law.

"I think that the violence that happened to Proof and the violence that's happening across America right now has nothing to do with hip-hop," he said. "It has something to do with the people - the state of them - and the music doesn't alter that."

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
Pittsey said:
The rapper also took time to address the study released last week by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation – a nonprofit public health research group – which suggested that young people who listen to rap music are more prone to alcohol and drug use and aggressive behavior.

The Queens native disagrees with the findings, believing that parents should take most of the blame for failing to explain that his music is entertainment, not a blueprint for breaking the law.

"I think that the violence that happened to Proof and the violence that's happening across America right now has nothing to do with hip-hop," he said. "It has something to do with the people - the state of them - and the music doesn't alter that."
Real talk. Parents need to take responsibility. I also believe that the way the world is shaped now is the fault of our grand parents, they did a poor job in raising the adults in todays world, they were the ones that gave birth to the increase of terrorists, criminals, rapists, murderer and politicians.

^^

hey sure, it's fine and dandy blaming the parents and their parents until we're parents and our kids grow up and act like bullshit, then people will blame us.

Parents CAN be the problem, but I think it's the economic inequality of America that leads to the problems. Consider...

Your black parents had no money because their wasn't equal rights in their time. So you're poor, and didn't get a good education. Because you didn't get this education you didn't use condoms and now you have 4 kids. You work 60 hours a week just to keep the shackle of a house over their heads. They're growing up and their main influence is what's happening in the streets. They see a way to get rich and not live the poor ass lifestyle of their mom and dead beat dad, so they start selling drugs. Unfortunately, everyone with ambition is trying to take the same money (by selling drugs guns etc) so now there is extreme violence. A couple of guys escape this atmosphere by rapping. This rap influences more violent attitudes and irresponsible drinking/drug doing etc. From a psychology point exposure of drugs alcohol and violence DOES INDEED increase the likelihood that kids will do them. The same can be said for Vgames and Violent movies.

Anyway. The point is that we can't throw everything on the parents. We still feel the everyday reprecussions from slavery and prejudice today. Hopefully we can speed up ultimate equality but i think our America is cursed with the "Gradualism" that a sir Martin Luther King Jr. denounced.

DEPRESSING isn't it ;-x

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
MakaveliPrime01 said:
Parents CAN be the problem, but I think it's the economic inequality of America that leads to the problems. Consider...

I agree with a lot of your points.

This 1 inparticular. And I'd like to add, when I was in America I found there was a huge obsession with money. Everyone was after more tips, trying to hustle you for your money. etc.

There's more to a measure of a man than money.

I was glad to be back in the UK. When people were nice I knew it wasn't just to get a tip. Shame about the shit weather though.

Pittsey said:
Shame about the shit weather though.
Not to FLY off the topic, but I was living in London from May last year to september. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the weather over there. I remember there being like a combined total of 5 days that weren't chilly, windy, cloudy, or raining.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
Pittsey said:
I was glad to be back in the UK. When people were nice I knew it wasn't just to get a tip. Shame about the shit weather though.
Since when are people here nice? Do you not eat at McDonalds?

MakaveliPrime01 said:
hey sure, it's fine and dandy blaming the parents and their parents until we're parents and our kids grow up and act like bullshit, then people will blame us.
We'll only be bad parents as a result of the failure of our own.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Opera vs 50 kinda reminds me of Deloris Tucker vs Pac for some reason lol..

Either 50's starting a revaloution of his own or he's just a really good observer of pac's life.

*sniffing out* a pac biter..:woah:

Pac's life and battles is the best one can learn from and generate to his own life (I guess everyone's looked at other people's experiences and tried to convert it to there own problems and how to solve it atleast one time or another). And that's also why so many people are so interested in 2Pac's life and career (aside from his music).

Putting all bad opinions aside, 50's goal to have better cafeteria food for children is a really good thing:thumb:

Pac biter on the rap scene (imo), but his intentions are still good for what he's doing for people.

I think Oprah is taking her popularity to the extreme and is really acting weird. it is a known fact that violence and hiphop are mutually exclusive and should therefore not be interwoven

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Prize Gotti said:
Since when are people here nice? Do you not eat at McDonalds?

Agreed. But at least I know they're not faking for a tip.

Rahim said:
Opera vs 50 kinda reminds me of Deloris Tucker vs Pac for some reason lol..

Either 50's starting a revaloution of his own or he's just a really good observer of pac's life.

*sniffing out* a pac biter..:woah:

Pac's life and battles is the best one can learn from and generate to his own life (I guess everyone's looked at other people's experiences and tried to convert it to there own problems and how to solve it atleast one time or another). And that's also why so many people are so interested in 2Pac's life and career (aside from his music).

Putting all bad opinions aside, 50's goal to have better cafeteria food for children is a really good thing:thumb:

Pac biter on the rap scene (imo), but his intentions are still good for what he's doing for people.

^^^ How to turn a non-pac issue into a pac related subject.

"So you're poor, and didn't get a good education. Because you didn't get this education you didn't use condoms and now you have 4 kids."
Who doesn't know to use a condom. What kind of education do u need? like, fifth grade. and condoms cost like, $1.85 or somethin for 3. Or like 50-75 cents for one.
But yeah, 50 cent is in the right, unlike OPRAH, not OPERA.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
not really ken said:
yep, I remember violence, weed and 'bitches aint shit' etc etc talk when James Brown was doing the groove :rolleyes:

The same music that was feared by parents back in the days. It is the devils music that makes all young people throw away their values and have sex.

If music influences you to do anything you are a retarded moron who needs a good slap. The same applies to those who condemn the music. As if Elvis and his gay dance made people brainwashed. lol

Two Points:

I had the same crappy childhood that a lot of these rappers had. I had parents that weren't really good at taking care of one child, let alone both me and my brother. But I only used crime to get enough money to eat. I kept myself in America's lousy public schools, studied my ass off, and now I can go to college for free. I'm gonna try for a PhD and buy my Mom a house in Hawaii. You can call me a sell-out for what I'm gonna do, but all I'm doing is making a success out of myself in a way that will make my Mom and girl happy. I grew up shit broke and everything I've done, anyone can do. There's nothing holding you back but yourself.

Which brings me to my second point: you can blame your parents all you want, but that's just an excuse for you. Parents are much more important than music, but the most important influence is yourself. Quit bitchin' about Mommy and Daddy and take some god damn responsibility for your own damn actions.

MakaveliPrime01 said:
^^

Your black parents had no money because their wasn't equal rights in their time. So you're poor, and didn't get a good education. Because you didn't get this education you didn't use condoms and now you have 4 kids. You work 60 hours a week just to keep the shackle of a house over their heads. They're growing up and their main influence is what's happening in the streets. They see a way to get rich and not live the poor ass lifestyle of their mom and dead beat dad, so they start selling drugs. Unfortunately, everyone with ambition is trying to take the same money (by selling drugs guns etc) so now there is extreme violence. A couple of guys escape this atmosphere by rapping. This rap influences more violent attitudes and irresponsible drinking/drug doing etc. From a psychology point exposure of drugs alcohol and violence DOES INDEED increase the likelihood that kids will do them. The same can be said for Vgames and Violent movies.

Anyway. The point is that we can't throw everything on the parents. We still feel the everyday reprecussions from slavery and prejudice today. Hopefully we can speed up ultimate equality but i think our America is cursed with the "Gradualism" that a sir Martin Luther King Jr. denounced.

DEPRESSING isn't it ;-x

yea and your fairy tale story only happened to black people. give me a break

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
PolPot said:
Two Points:

I had the same crappy childhood that a lot of these rappers had. I had parents that weren't really good at taking care of one child, let alone both me and my brother. But I only used crime to get enough money to eat. I kept myself in America's lousy public schools, studied my ass off, and now I can go to college for free. I'm gonna try for a PhD and buy my Mom a house in Hawaii. You can call me a sell-out for what I'm gonna do, but all I'm doing is making a success out of myself in a way that will make my Mom and girl happy. I grew up shit broke and everything I've done, anyone can do. There's nothing holding you back but yourself.

Which brings me to my second point: you can blame your parents all you want, but that's just an excuse for you. Parents are much more important than music, but the most important influence is yourself. Quit bitchin' about Mommy and Daddy and take some god damn responsibility for your own damn actions.

What 50 is saying is that parents are more influential on a kids life than music.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.