50 Cent Tops Hip-Hop Rich List; 2Pac Still Makes More Money Than Most Current Rappers

Caesar

Staff member
Forbes has just released their annual "Hip Hop Cash Kings" list Monday and it comes as little surprise that 50 Cent is on top with $150 million in earnings from the past 12 months. Most of that came from his now famous Vitamin water deal with Glacéau who was then bought out by Coca Cola for $4.1 billion.

Jay-Z came in second with $82 million due to his last album American Gangster and his stakes in the New Jersey Nets and endorsement deals with Dell and Budweiser.

Sean "Diddy" Combs landed at number three with $35 million. While at one time most of his money would have come from Bad Boy Records, Diddy's fortune now comes from his Sean John clothing line and reality TV shows.

It is interesting to note that while not being included on this list due to being life-challenged, the late Tupac Shakur earned $15 million over the last twelve months, which would place him at number 9 tied with Dr. Dre and ahead of the likes of Ludacris, T.I., Lil Wayne, Eminem, Akon, Common, Lil John, Outkast, The Game and more.

Here is the complete list of the 20 top living hip-hop earners of 2008:

01. 50 Cent - $150 million

02. Jay-Z - $82 million

03. P Diddy - $35 million

04. Kanye West - $30 million

05. Timbaland - $22 million

06. Pharrell Williams - $20 million

07. Swizz Beatz - $17 million

08. Snoop Dogg - $16 million

09. Dr. Dre - $15 million

10. Ludacris - $14 million

11. T.I. & Lil Wayne - $13 million [Tie]

12. Eminem, Akon & Common - $ 12 million [Tie]

13. Jermaine Dupri & Lil Jon - $13 million [Tie]

14. Outkast, The Game & Chamillionaire - $10 million [Tie]

Snowman

just wait until another posthumous Pac album comes out, that will probably move him 5th on that list or if not tied 4th with Kanye.

i am too glad to see Pac making more than these rappers of today

that is surprising wit pac figures imagine if he was still here runnin his own shit. where would most this money come from? makaveli branded and albums where else?

J

JackaL

Don't it shock you!!!???

Not me! Cuz even tho he's been life-challenged (funny) and they fuck up some of the songs on his cds they still manage to be better then 90% of the shit rappers that are living put out!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.