50 Cent to be executive producer on next LL Cool J album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
LL Cool J has revealed that G-Unit rapper 50 Cent is executively producing his next album – Todd Smith, Part 2: Back To Cool– due out in the fall.

"It’s my last Def Jam record so I wanted to make it something special, and something really unique, and kinda get back to my roots a little bit," said LL, whose 1985 album, Radio, was the label’s first full-length release.

"50 reminds me a lot of the things that I used to do and the places I used to be in my life, and I think we can have a good time together. … He’s talented and I feel like I have something I want to say – I think he can help me get it off my chest."

LL also announced that aside from 50 and his G-Unit team, there probably won’t be many guest appearances on the album. It would be a drastic change from his latest release, Todd Smith, which features several cameos including Mary J. Blige, Freeway, and Juelz Santana.

"I don’t know if I’m gonna do as many collaborations on this record," LL said. "I think that me and 50 is enough."

Both Queens-born rappers can currently be heard on LL’s "Freeze (Remix)," which also includes verses by Lloyd Banks and Hot Rod.

SonOf2pac

ll's last album was shit floating in my toilet... one of the most boring ass rappers in the game... nursery rhymes come to mind

LL is weird... and 50 is a fag... so...:rolleyes:

btw I think 50 wanted to be the executive producer of Pac's next album last time, or am I wrong?:rolleyes:

JDeez

I haven't picked up LL's latest yet, but i looked at the back of it and it went something like this....

1. blah blah feat. so and so
2. blah blah feat. so and so
3. blah blah feat. so and so
4. blah blah
5. blah blah feat. so and so
6. blah blah feat. so and so
7. blah blah feat. so and so
8. blah blah feat. so and so
9. blah blah feat. so and so

and what ever.

It's pretty weak that nearly every song has to have a featured artist on it. If they want to prove to me that they're the shit, then do it on your own.

so yeah...

JDeez

Ten A key said:
Why are the hate?
Because it's how i feel on the topic. Most of the news items, i have no opinion on, so i don't post. I saw this, and posted how i felt about LL Cool J. Had they had something that i see as positve involving him, such as the announcement of SWAT2, then maybe i'd have posted some love.

EIB

Makes me sick to see an artist who had so much credibility (LL Cool J) go and sell out after he got fucked up by Canibus, oh well least i can still listen to when he was ill, 4,3,2,1 was the shit with Method Man, Redman and DMX.

EIB said:
Makes me sick to see an artist who had so much credibility (LL Cool J) go and sell out after he got fucked up by Canibus, oh well least i can still listen to when he was ill, 4,3,2,1 was the shit with Method Man, Redman and DMX.
Times are changing and people too.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.