50 Cent sued for copyright violation

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
In a lawsuit filed last week in Miami, 2 Live Crew frontman Luther "Luke" Campbell's ex attorney has claimed Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson stole some of the lyrics for his 2003 song "In Da Club" from the song "It's Your Birthday," released in 1994.

Live Crew song "I Like It, I love It" can also be heard on the 2003 DVD "50 Cent The New Breed," the lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages in addition to attorneys' fees and other legal costs.

Campbell was quick to detach himself from the lawsuit, which claims 50 Cent stole lines from Campbell's 1994 song "It's Your Birthday," from the Miami pioneer's solo album, Still a Freak for Life.

"Let the record reflect that Joe Weinberger and Richard Wolfe are the individuals who are suing 50," Campbell told sources. "They are not suing on behalf of me or any member of the 2 Live Crew.

"These guys (Joe and Richard) that's all they do is go around suing people and use our names. When they do sue people and make money on that catalogue, neither me nor any of the 2 Live Crew members receive any money from that."

Weinberger once represented Campbell and became owner of the copyrights when Campbell filed for bankruptcy protection.

"They stole that catalogue from the members and me and we don't make money from it," Campbell said. "When you read my book, My Life and Freaky Times, you'll get the full entire story surrounding these two crooks and that catalogue."

Neither Wolfe nor Weinberger were available for comments as of press time.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.