50 Cent responds to Spike Lee

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson recently lashed out at film director Spike Lee in Bangkok Recorder Magazine for derogatory comments about the rapper’s violent image in this month’s issue of Complex Magazine.

50 Cent said he gets lumped in when anything violent happens. "For instance, I think Spike Lee’s new motivation for talking about me had something to do with the incident with Busta Rhymes’ bodyguard," he said.

His G-Unit Records artist Tony Yayo has been implicated in the shooting that left Busta Rhymes’ friend Israel Ramirez dead in Green Point, Brooklyn earlier this month.

50 Cent added that comments by Lee like, "whatever you are doing that makes you have to put a bulletproof vest on your 5-year-old son, that's time for some deep introspective shit," were just said to get publicity.

The neophyte actor also challenged Lee’s film production skills and asked, "who is Spike Lee?". "I actually dislike the part in his movies where the character stands still [and the camera pans back] and it looks like [the character] moves. I think that’s the corniest thing on the planet," 50 said.

50 has the gall to ask "who is Spike Lee?"

Au contraire to what most people hope, I hope no one shoots this guy, cuz if he gets killed they are gonna try to mold him into the next 'Pac. here's hoping he ods on crack or something.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
You have a lot of anger.

Something I've noticed though.... Damn people are quick to respond to 50 Cent articles. There's like 6 people viewing this thread already.

And can people please keep their responses constructive in this thread, I know you all hate 50.

S. Fourteen

I think it's Spike 1 - Fitty 0. Spike made a point. 50 came back with some childish remarks like "who is Spike" and questioning Spike's skills.

although people hate 50 he should have repharsed his comments to "what has Spike done lately to help black people/movies" since it's been a good while since anybody outside of a minority (dum roll please) has really listened to him in terms of his movies.Guess Spike on that shit since the Knicks started losing :( haha, I agree with Spike but I like how all these black figures are just talking to be talking, but WHAT ARE YOU really doing to change the game....everyone wants to sound like a MLK/X but not live the life make a comment here or there.Although I like Spikes movies(X,Do the Right Thing) and they make me laugh (Jungle Fever and it's corny song by Stevie Wonder) nobody views him as a leader. They view 50 more as a leader (in terms of trends etc.) then Spike.

caned

I don't know why everybody hates on 50? Oh ya cause every since his first album he's been running shit. Who has sold more since he came out? Who has taken there lable that all of these rappers get after 1 album, to the top? 50 is the only one I see being successful with it. All I can say is when he came out 90% of you guys probably liked him. When your at the top everybody starts hatin.

"I don't know why everybody hates on 50? Oh ya cause every since his first album he's been running shit. Who has sold more since he came out? Who has taken there lable that all of these rappers get after 1 album, to the top? 50 is the only one I see being successful with it. All I can say is when he came out 90% of you guys probably liked him. When your at the top everybody starts hatin."

Thats not it at all, at least not for me.

I have madd respect for 50 and his skills as an artist (Power of the Dollar was still his best though) and a businessman ($76 MILLION!?). But he isn't a leader. That's the problem, peep that shit Saigon said on him, because it's way to true.

And even when someone finally comments on injustice in America, Like when Kayne made that comment, 50 jumps on him and starts some shit. 50 is a sell out.

He is what Malcolm X would call a "House Negro", you know? He has the ability to lead the people, but he doesn't.

I dont know, thats just the impression I get.

DrugBa11ad said:
"I don't know why everybody hates on 50? Oh ya cause every since his first album he's been running shit. Who has sold more since he came out? Who has taken there lable that all of these rappers get after 1 album, to the top? 50 is the only one I see being successful with it. All I can say is when he came out 90% of you guys probably liked him. When your at the top everybody starts hatin."

Thats not it at all, at least not for me.

I have madd respect for 50 and his skills as an artist (Power of the Dollar was still his best though) and a businessman ($76 MILLION!?). But he isn't a leader. That's the problem, peep that shit Saigon said on him, because it's way to true.

And even when someone finally comments on injustice in America, Like when Kayne made that comment, 50 jumps on him and starts some shit. 50 is a sell out.

He is what Malcolm X would call a "House Negro", you know? He has the ability to lead the people, but he doesn't.

I dont know, thats just the impression I get.

Wise Words', he is not no Pac on so many levels

How can you say he's not a leader? he's the head of a very successful music label. In order to do that he's got to be a good leader. Just because he doesn't speak out politically doesn't mean he isn't a leader. He just chooses what he want's to lead in.

To some of the posts up there, please stop saying game is all that. He's had 1 good album and I'm sure he'll have more. But it gets tiring and he sounds like a girl with every dis record. You think he would have stopped after a couple but almost everything that is leaked talks about G-UNOT! which is gay to start with. Personally The only 50 dis I've heard was ahell of a lot better and made me laugh than all of game's combined. I meann Game needs to get over the fact that his little lable will never be as powerful as 50's. What is he gonna turn Charlie Baltimore into a star just like Irv couldn't? please..

Anyways I'd like to here some of your arguments.. other than 50's soft and all that shit....

okkk

50 was good but i dont like him b/c he cant keep his mouth shut n when they diss back he doesnt keep up with the beef?....he was good at first but i didnt like the opera singin in most massacre songs...

ggg ggg ggg gggggg-unot

"who is spike lee?".........could have guessed 50 wud say that.........typical dumb reply when he aint got nothin' 2 say, he knows Spike was right.

I like 50 as an artist but i hate him as a person cuz he thinks that he's better than anyone else and he's acting this way. He keeps beefing with everybody for no reason and now he has issues with Dre cuz he will produce next Game album?? Dre is the reason he's become famous and now he has issues with him?? I won't be surprised if he beefs with Eminem later on and Banks and Buck..

Everyone needs to shutup about 50... the man is doin a good job. Sure his movie sucked, but nobody is perfect. And people wanting him to OD on coke? Man stfu. Spike Lee needs to shutup too, Reggie Miller choked his 5 foot ass, so 50 would break him in half. Spike Lee loves talkin crap when he isnt the center of attention, just to have everyone talkin about him. And of course he talks about 50, cuz everyone is hatin on 50 right now, so why not strike when its hot? Plus whoever mentioned that about Kanye and 50, Kanye was wrong, I love Kanye, but he was wrong. George Bush couldnt control a hurricane hitting new orleans, damn. I HATE GWB, but he cant control the weather, come on now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.