50 Cent receives further UK criticism

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Posters in the UK promoting 50 Cent’s new movie have been pulled after complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority. The poster features 50 Cent holding a gun in one hand and a baby in another and drew 17 complaints.

The ASA ruled that the poster was in violation of advertising rules because of the risks posed to children’s behaviour because of the imagery. “We also considered the combination of the title Get Rich or Die Tryin’, and the image of Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson carrying a gun could give the impression that success could be achieved through violence,” the ASA stated.

However, Universal Music Group have defended the advertising campaign, arguing that it represents Fiddy’s struggle to escape the street life. ‘Get Rich Or Die Tryin’ will be released in the UK on January 20.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
they're just doing this shit..cuz its 50cent. if it was sum1 else on the poster..i doubt there'd be this much fuss n shit. haterz man

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
a poster out in cali was taken down i believe..near a middle skool.

or was dat sumwhere else? sum1 correct me if im wrong.

ArtsyGirl

I think some of you missed the point, because the poster had a child on it the gun was then a problem. Guns on their own are different I guess. I've seen that poster here, missed the gun but was wondering why he was holding a baby..
Anyway, I've seen the bus poster and it makes Fiddy look a lil chubby :laugh: Get Fat or Die Tryin' :hungry:

I'm thinking, forgive me if im wrong, that 'children' dont really have the 'resources' to make babies or the 'sources' to buy guns. Especially in the UK. Ah well, at least they don't put films like ghostbusters, saving private ryan and lord of the rings on as christmas daytime viewing over here....
hang on....

ArtsyGirl

Four Bars said:
I'm thinking, forgive me if im wrong, that 'children' dont really have the 'resources' to make babies or the 'sources' to buy guns. Especially in the UK. Ah well, at least they don't put films like ghostbusters, saving private ryan and lord of the rings on as christmas daytime viewing over here....
hang on....
I didnt say I agree with it I'm just sayin thats theyre reasons. I actually have a bigger problem with newspapers showing graphic photo's of people after the Bali Bombings, I mean they were on the front page where kids could see em. Enough people complain about something change can happen, just not always for the right things.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.