50 Cent makes a reported $400 million dollars of vitamin water/coca cola deal

From allhiphop.com

Queens, NY rapper 50 Cent may have good reason to brag on his new single "Straight to the Bank."

Glacéau, the company that produces vitaminwater, was acquired by The Coca-Cola Company today (May 25) for $4.1 billion dollars in cash.

50 Cent invested in Glacéau in 2004 and owns 10% of the company.

Sources told AllHipHop.com that Coca-Cola's purchase of Glacéau earned the rapper an estimated $400 million dollars.

Glacéau markets and sells popular energy drinks named vitaminwater.

The company markets and distributes a grape flavored energy drink inspired by 50 Cent named "Formula 50."

"This is an outstanding opportunity for both of our companies to build an expanded active lifestyle business, first in the United States and then around the world," said Muhtar Kent, president and chief operating officer of The Coca-Cola Company. "Glacéau and its brands also provide us with highly attractive longer-term international opportunities. We look forward to discussing with glacéau's distributors and our bottling partners the best operating model for glacéau's routes-to-market."

The company will operate as separate business unit within Coca-Cola North America (CCNA), allowing the company to continue to grow and marketplace, while taking advantage of Coca-Cola's marketing, management and distribution resources globally.

"It's a perfect match connecting the hottest active lifestyle brand with the full resources of the world's best beverage company," said J. Darius Bikoff, Glacéau founder and chief executive officer. "To best understand today's announcement, you really need to go out, buy a bottle of vitaminwater and try it for yourself to see how well it works."

Glacéau's top three executives are the aforementioned Bickoff, Mike Repole and Mike Venuti.

Each one will remain with the company for a minimum of three years and other key management will remain with the company.

The transaction is expected to close in 2007 and is subject to customary regulatory review.

50 Cent's latest album Curtis is slated to hit stores Sept. 4.

Let the hate begin!!!

Eric

I saw him in this new Vitamin water commercial yesterday where he's the band leader of an orchestra playing an orchestral version of In Da Club...it was cool..

400 million?

there has to be some red tape and middle men that money has to filter through before he actually see's the cash. where's an investment dude who knows this shit? is he really gonna see this much on a check?

i mean c'mon...... it's 400 million. a black man with 400 million?!

.......... i can't believe it. i've got to be in the wrong line of work. the fuckin lotto ain't even that much.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Fuck 50... The sellout... Real hip-hop is about selling drugs and being poor and shit....

:)

how much did he pay to get his 10% in the first?
Good question.... But it's an intelligent move to get stock for endorsements.... 50 is a man I admire... The man is definately clued up in business... More so than Jay-Z and Puffy I'd say. Although he lacks a musical ear... Otherwise he might have signed some talent to G-Unit records and not a load of NY has beens.

well, think about the success of Vitamin Water as well... everyone at my school drinks it... they bring several bottles a day to drink throught the day.... i also work at Jewel, outr local grocery store, and when i gotta face the water and the gatorade isle, gatorade takes a minutes, wheras vitamin water you gotta dig deep back to pull em forward... they just fly off the shelves, even when both gatorade and Vitamin water are both priced at a 10/10$ deal...

good deal

:D yeah for sure we sell a lot of Vitamin Water where I work too. I drink that stuff all the time, better than powerade and gatorade by far. 50 made a pretty smart move cuz that shit sells big.

Farzin

Although he lacks a musical ear... Otherwise he might have signed some talent to G-Unit records and not a load of NY has beens.
I think that's where you are wrong. I believe 50 cent wants to be at the top and in order to do that he doesnt want to risk signing someone who would outshine him.

ARon

I think that's where you are wrong. I believe 50 cent wants to be at the top and in order to do that he doesnt want to risk signing someone who would outshine him.
Buck outshines him. Game does and did but he didnt really sign him you know. Banks would if he did him and not tried to be like 50. Prodigy does also whenever he tries, mother fucker gets lazy too much, thats why his older, solo, and "underground" shit is so much better.

But yeah. 50 doesnt make shit if the company sells a bottle of water. He makes money when his stock goes up. His stock went up with Coca Cola buyin em. Not sure if the original company went public or not before but yeah, this is huge for a start up. Thats how you make money investing, invest in start ups and hope they get big.

Who is 50's business manager?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

Nah... He may as well not have a label then. He is a business man. Rap music is a business to him. He isn't a hip-hop head, he has no interest in the art. He is in rap for 1 thing, money.

i have a question though..............how come the hip hop sites are the only ones mentioning 50 as being a 10% holder.........i mean thats pretty significant right, and tata has always been named as 30% add to that $400m is a hell of a come up........so why arent the financial times n shit mentioning anything about 50? is hip hop not cool to them?

hizzle?

Staff member
400 million?

there has to be some red tape and middle men that money has to filter through before he actually see's the cash. where's an investment dude who knows this shit? is he really gonna see this much on a check?
It depends... if he decided by himself all alone to invest in the company, he'll get everything, minus the taxes of the investnment and the transfer fees.

If he decided to buy it by a broker, he'll give him a certain % of the money earned when he sells his actions. Then transfer fees and etc..

ARon

It depends... if he decided by himself all alone to invest in the company
Yeah thats why I asked who his business manager is. Not to sound like I'm hatin but I doubt 50 went and researched this company himself you know.

For all we know he was part of a buyout before, hence the 10%. But thats just me thinking too much. Someone should go research it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.