50 Cent: Indie Movie Mogul in the Making

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
50 Cent may be the biggest-selling, toughest-talking, allegedly steroid-ingesting gangsta rapper in the world. But as he made abundantly clear at a news conference held, appropriately enough, at Main Street's House of Hype today, what he really wants to do is produce independent films.

The hip-hop superstar announced the formation of his as-yet unnamed production company in alliance with his longtime manager, Chris Lighty, and the producer of 50's movies Home of the Brave and upcoming Righteous Kill, Randall Emmett.

So in light of the rapper's recent stinging defeat -- as you'll recall he vowed to retire as a solo artist if Kanye West's album outsold 50's Curtis in both CDs' first week in stores -- does the announcement mean he's given up the mike?

"I made some comments to create some excitement and energy in music," 50 said. "I still have a passion for music. Technically, worldwide, I sold more albums. So I win."

Source: LA Times

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.