50 Cent Ignores Eminem's Mixtape Advice

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Rapper 50 Cent has vowed to continue putting out mixtapes for free, despite his label boss and close pal Eminem advising him to stop doing so.

The "Candy Shop" hitmaker has released three mixtapes in the last six months, and recently let fans download his latest freestyles on The Elephant In The Room mixtape from his website free of charge.

But Shady Records CEO Eminem doesn’t approve of 50’s marketing methods.

50 tells MTV.com, "They think I’m crazy. Sometimes (Eminem) misses why I put it out. He goes, ‘Why did you put it out?’ "But I can’t be as hot as I’m gonna be if I don’t play around. I gotta spar before I go fight the champ. That’s my concept of it. If I don’t go out and make material and lock in (get fans’ response to his music), I’m not gonna make the best possible material for the next (official) project."

Source: World Entertainment News Network

Fiddy seen off alot of rappers that came up against him, not many last long once they take shots at him. Well they dont last successful anyway. Even Fat Joe with his years in the rap game could'nt topple his image. Kanye only came close because of his mix of fans that covers lots of genre's. With Fiddy, you dont just buy his album cuz you want a rap album in your collecion, where as Kanye appeals to that market more. Glad Fiddy is still doing his thing - Young Buck and Lloyd complete the original line-up and I love hearing all 3 of them spit on a track together. Em' should spit with them more often too.
Pe3ce

THEV1LL4N

the 50-kanye beef was for the media. kanye actually produced songs from the 'before i self destruct' album. so there was no real beef.

i think putting out some mixtapes for free is okay. but not constantly so that youre not wasting time because you're not making much money in return.

And i can see what 50 means about sparring before fighting, before releasing his next project (being 'shoot to kill', or 'before i self destruct' if talking about a solo project).

the 50-kanye beef was for the media. kanye actually produced songs from the 'before i self destruct' album. so there was no real beef.

i think putting out some mixtapes for free is okay. but not constantly so that youre not wasting time because you're not making much money in return.

And i can see what 50 means about sparring before fighting, before releasing his next project (being 'shoot to kill', or 'before i self destruct' if talking about a solo project).

True. Ye no beef, but it was all about record sales. Fiddy claims he won because of overall global sales i think? What was the actual result of that? They both got different audiences. Fiddy's main focus of that album changed because of the Camron beef, and in between the Kanye thing started so he could only gonna win one fight. His main point was against Camron and thats what he wanted. He even changed his album name i think cuz camron made that CURTIS track against him. Fiddy flipped it and titled his own album after that. Or was it pre-planned before that even started? And who can forget the "I Get Money" banger. He killed off Camron with that track alone.

The point about making money, Fiddy clearly doesnt need to hustle a dollar for a few years cuz of the amount he's stacked. He can actually afford to drop 1,2,3, even 10 mixtapes if he wishes. Eminem is just thinking "Fiddy? U crazy? Ur verses are worth thousands more than the average rapper and ur spitting it for free"?

But I think Fiddy been here long enough now and seen off enough rappers career's to not have some respect. If he was gonna fall, he would of fallen a long time ago. I dont know much about his rap career in general but he's definitly still a force to reckon with.

Pe3ce

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
With Fiddy, you dont just buy his album cuz you want a rap album in your collecion, where as Kanye appeals to that market more.
I buy it because I ran out of coasters and I need something to put my beverage on.

But, seriously, you're implying that people buy Fifty's music because they like it and Kanye's just so they can say they have the album. I disagree. People buy the music because they want to listen to it. But, the general public buys the CDs because they are both established artists and they assume the CDs are going to be good. Not everybody downloads the music first before buying.

No, you mis-interpreted. I should of explained clearer so i guess its my fault ..

The extra fans that Kanye accumalates (record sales) are buyers who want to own a rap album without the glorification of any gangterisms. Where as with Fiddy, its 9 times out of 10 aimed towards a specific audience. Its heat for the streets. Look at the track listings on both artists albums and you'll see what i mean.

P.S U must be rollin' deep with paper to buy an album for a coaster. I generally use "coasters" for uummm ...umm ... putting my drink on them? (I dare not ask what u use when u run out of toilet paper, a voting slip?)

Pe3ce

Oh and i should also make clear that Kanye's music is enjoyed by more masses because it appeals to more than just people on the streets hustlin' and grindin', its more soft touch compared to the hard shit Fiddy usually tries to come out with .. There established, YES, but there different markets.

Pe3c3

THEV1LL4N

He even changed his album name i think cuz camron made that CURTIS track against him. Fiddy flipped it and titled his own album after that. Or was it pre-planned before that even started?
The album name wasnt changed to curtis, what he actually did was push 'Before I Self Destruct' back and bring out an entierely new record which was infact 'Curtis'.

So yes, 'Before I Self Destruct' is complete and yes hes releasing it this year.

According to 50, all he's got left to do it release the G-Unit album 'Shoot To Kill' and his own album 'Before I Self Destruct'.

Besides that, he will probably continue with the g-unit radios and free mixtape releases. He might even promote his other artists and work with them. Then release his greatest hits cd soon.

Looks like he'll make a few more movies and get more into acting too.

And one day possibly come out of retirement and continue with his rap career once again.

So Curtis was in retaliation to the CAMRON beef ? CAM kinda tried to humiliate him by making a parody of his name. I think he should of released CURTIS as a worldwide mixtape and stuck to his "Before I Self Destruct album". But he obviously knew what he was doing, i just feel sorry for Camron for "Fuckin with the wrong nigga" on that beef. He made Fiddy look better, if your gonna go against a giant u gotta take more than a sling-shot with you. This aint no david and goliath shit that you read in books ...

I reckon ur right about the retirement thing, i just hope he dont say "im retiring" and just openly admits "im gonna take a break for a while and work on other projects and artists"... dont pull a Jay-Z with that ridiculous shit he pulled.

Pe3ce

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.