50 Cent hoping to put home computers in low income households

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rapper 50 Cent is looking out for folks who would like to own a computer but just can’t afford it.

The artist and his manager Chris Lighty of Violator management are currently in negotiations with Apple CEO Steve Jobs to create a line of affordable home computers that would be marketed toward inner-city residents.

Ranked among the top 10 richest entertainers on Forbes magazine’s latest Celebrity Power 100 List, 50 says his money offers the freedom to enrich the lives of those less fortunate.

"I'm creating a foundation that will be around for a long time, because fame can come and go or get lost in the lifestyle and the splurging," 50 said in Forbes. "I never got into it for the music. I got into it for the business."

Meanwhile, according to Forbes magazine, Fifty earned $41 million between June of 2005 and June 2006, which put him in the No. 8 position on their annual Celebrity 100 Power List.

50 left in the dust names like stars like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton and the cast of HBO's The Sopranos.

Besides massive record sales and concert gates, the rapper generated income from the sales of his G-Unit clothing line and ringtones.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
I think this is a really good thing 50 cent is doing aside from trying to give kids in America better cafateria food. I don't listen to his music, but this really is a good thing he's doing.

gay artist good cause...he tryna beat jolie and her orphans of africa programs xD ay but un the flip side watch errybody he beefs with start giving out free cars and shit

KAMIKAZI said:
Fuk 50, he shud be out killin ppl, real gangsta dun use computers.
I guess real gangster's don't know how to spell or form complete sentence's either. Anways...50 cent it the digital age Nino Brown! No more turkey's, it's now affordable PC's.

S. Fourteen

Finally! Apple is possibly making an "affordable computer". I've read about and seen some of the "$100 PC's" and they don't look attractive at all. Hopefully Apple will change that but Apple making a $100 computer? Hard to believe. I wonder what the price will be.

One of the many excuses to hate on the guy might go out the window. It's hard out here for a hater.

Hopefully it is not just for people in New York and those other big cities. Because LOW INCOME IS EVERYWHERE!!!!! Fiddy is alright with me.

S. Fourteen

cdawg86 said:
sorry but shouldnt he provide something more important then computers for people??
True. Healthcare, Housing, etc. are more important than computers but it's much harder to provide those things.

Computers are nothing special to fortunate people like us but imagine your life without it.

The internet, although it can be bad without control, is a very useful tool. It connects people, expands knowledge and it may spark the brain of a future president, etc.

I think having a computer and a internet connection in every household is important.

I believe 50 Cent is doing a good thing but never forget that he's a business man. Why did he pick Apple besides its marketing potential? Apple is the company that is leading in digital music distribution.

;)

KAMIKAZI said:
Fuk 50, he shud be out killin ppl, real gangsta dun use computers.
Because they don't know how to use them. So what if we undertook that responsibility to teach them? Afterall it's all better than makin' dildos.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.