50 Cent eyes up second Hollywood role

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
His first movie being branded a flop hasn't put Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson off the idea of Hollywood stardom. Aftermath's favorite artist has been lined up to star in Home of the Brave, a wartime drama set against the backdrop of the war in Iraq.

Ironically, also set to star in the movie is namesake Samuel L Jackson who once said of 50, when he was asked to appear in Get Rich or Die Tryin'. "I like listening to 50 Cent and I can groove to his music but I don't want to groove to him on screen, just yet. Maybe if he does five movies and he shows some talent."

He continued, "I mean how does he get to work with Jim Sheridan and I don't. What is it about 50 Cent that makes Jim Sheridan say, 'I'd really like to make a movie with him?'"

50 replied to the criticism with; "Basically he didn't want to play second fiddle. He knew that because of my success people would come to see the movie because of me - and he couldn't handle that. To be honest, I couldn't see where he would fit into that movie anyway - other than as my grandfather."

Home of the Brave is written by first-time screenwriter Mark Friedman and directed by Life as a House helmer Irwin Winkler, the flick will follow three soldiers who return home from the conflict and find the readjustment difficult. Samuel L. Jackson has been cast as a middle-age doctor who is surprised to discover that his tour of duty at home is even more daunting than the one he just finished in the Middle East.

Jessica Biel, Christina Ricci and 7th Heaven actor Brian Presley have also signed on to the independently financed film, which is expected to begin shooting in Morocco next month with a budget of $12 million. The production will also shoot in Spokane, Washington, and will then approach studios for a distribution deal.

Whether we're likely to see 50 Cent alongside Samuel L Jackson on Oscar night remains to be seen.

What the hell is this studio thinking?!? You could tell by the PREVIEWS for Get Rich Or Die Trying that 50 can't act. He can't rap without mumbling, and I doubt he can read lines either.

ArtsyGirl

Sounds like its gonna suck, that or it will be good but 50 will suck. haha Even the radio adverts for Get Rich.. sounded like crap.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.