50 Cent & Dr. Dre Revamp Before I Self Destruct

THEV1LL4N

50 Cent has delayed his Before I Self Destruct LP a few times over the past year, but now, with Eminem's Relapse project in the can, he has been able to get more of Dr. Dre's attention and beats. Last week, while in New York promoting his Blood in the Sand video game and taking a break from shooting his next film, Twelve, 50 explained his refocusing on the album.

“I just got back from Detroit — prior to me starting ‘Twelve’ — [with] Em and Dre finishing up the record,” he said. “It’s clear for me now, creatively, ’cause we got Em completed. His album is mixed and mastered and ready to be presented to the public.”

50 said going back in with Dre caused him to shelf most of his existing material in favor of working on new music. “It’s about 30 percent of what I had when I felt like I was finished,” he explained. “The production, Dre made a lot more of the music that’s on the actual album now. I rewrote some concepts.”

Fif said he changed his tune about some of his songs because they sat so long.

“To me, sometimes it would sound like I’m absolutely out my mind if I played you the music,” he said, implying that he put some potential hit records on the back burner. “But it gets dated. I’ve been playing it for myself for so long, I’m no longer as excited as I was when I wrote it for the first time.”

Be sure to look out for Eminem's Relapse which hits the stores on May 18th (UK) and May 19th (US). Look out for more updates here on StreetHop for 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct and Dr. Dre's highly anticipated Detox.

Shadows

those songs were terrible and he was going to put out a terrible album, however not even his dickriders where feeling it so he pulled back.

What a fag. Just rap like you know you can 50!!!!!

gave up

like the game said.. 50 got rich and stopped trying... aka stopped rapping as well as he rally can. Power of a Dollar- one of my favorite albums. 50 used to be my second favorite rapper after 'pac.

yak pac fatal

im not a big fan 50 anymore, ever since that masscre album dropped and imo it was a sharp fall off of GRODT. i think this album will be good thou

kastro

really looking forward to this album, been waiting even b4 curtis and then got shiftd back cause of that so hopefully 50 dont let us down

THEV1LL4N

better late than never. and if it takes more time to make a much better album then why not complete it properly and satisfy more people.

i would have liked to see 50 v ross in the charts though, simultaneously.

kastro

ross had no chance against 50 on the charts as ross barley sold 150,000 in the first week and worst case secenrio 50 will sell atleast 500 first week

It's been said before and needs to be said again. 50 needs to get back to that GROTD level that he had. He's no longer hungry, hell he's been well fed for years.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.