50 Cent disagrees with Kanye West; says New Orleans disaster had to happen

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Rap feuds aren't usually about differing opinions on President Bush. However, that appears to be the case between 50 Cent and Kanye West.

50 says he disagrees with West's infamous statement that " George Bush doesn't care about black people," proclaimed during a September telethon for Hurricane Katrina victims.

"I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."

Instead, 50 said, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God."

It wouldn't be the first time 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, made comments that weren't flattering of West. In a September interview with MTV, 50 — while otherwise complimentary of the popular "Gold Digger" rapper — said: "I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me."

"After 50 Cent, (hip-hop fans) was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."

West's second album, "Late Registration," has remained near the top of the charts since debuting August 30th.

50 stars in the upcoming film "Get Rich or Die Tryin," a biopic of the rapper that is set to open November 9th.

slimm

50 Cent's name fits him..

so what?? dude forgot about humility?? seems that he's god himself!! it's not the first time he's talkin' bulls***.. nobody sees? this fake ass gangsta make the world go round! :p :p poor curtis, blinded by money..

50 cent you gon' disapear as fast as you came.

julienk

Only way he gets attention nemore !

He'll b forgotten sooner or later, cause he's a hyped up product of a teen generation that dont care about lyrical depth and constancy, but about coolness, cars, chicks and gunz, beef.

I doubt we'll see anything close 2 Makaveli in the next centuries ...
if eva

R.I.P. Mr. Makaveli
~~ Nuttin's the same since u left the game ~~

indeed he is famous, everything he says is monitored and people have something 2 say about it, so judging by that he's gonna be here 4 a while....sad... the guy is smart though, i give him that, and if you think he isn't then just check out what he's doing, i give a damn what you think he's doing is wrong, it's smart and it's bringing in money 4 him... so just keep crying about everything he says and u'll keep him happy...

I'm from Louisiana,and as much as I don't like to agree with 50,he's right.People did the best they could.The fact is,the officials here(governer,mayor,etc..) didn't have their shit together.They never do. Whether or not Bush doesn't care about black people is another story,I don't know the answer.But I find it very hard to believe he put that many people at risk,just to kill black people.

i don't know where 50 cent thinks he has any real say for anything political. Nothing of his history or how he represents himself gives him basis for this statement.

Kanye West was making a blanket statement. George Bush doesn't like black people. Whether it is for a hurricane, or they are broke, homeless, and can't find work.

I have to say that either 50 cent is really smart or he is an idiot. If he's playing the uncle tom approach and backing the powerful jewish CEOs of the record industry and their ties to the republican party, then power to him. If he's just saying something to get on Kanye West's nerves, then he can go fuck himself.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Wow, those saying 'Fuck 50' are plain fucking idiots. Do you even know why you're saying 'Fuck 50'? I think most of you are just following the bandwagon.

All 50 is saying that, if Bush liked Black people or not, it doesn't matter cause the hurricane would have happened nonetheless. Nothing could have stopped it, hence 'an act of God'.

Now, the view of if the Government acted quick enough, that depends on everyone. Some ppl agree that Bish acted as quick as possible others disagree. Nothing wrong with picking one side or another, it all depends on how they see it.

Yang

So ignorant...
I think we r paying too much atention to this guy... He can't do or say anything worthless of even a commentary. Forget him. Bury him alive.

I suppose the new orleans thing woulda happened either way. And I do hold Bush responsable a little. Not for the hurricane itself but because he, nor any of new orleans, took it seriously. For this very reason (it's sad to say and I'll get hated on) I could give a fuck what happened there myself. I mean, who the fuck says "It's ok, they say that all the time?". They say on the news here that a tornado's coming ALL THE TIME but there isn't one time that I didn't take it seriously.
Either way, no bush doesn't like black people (but thats a completely other subject than a hurricane), and 50 cent is and will always be a "wanksta" in his words... with his gawd damn 3rd grade lyrics..

PuffnScruff

two people posted something that made since so far. the rest of you are why i am no longer liking this board.

thadeadlyfoe had the best post out everyone. that man spoke the truth.

if you met president bush do you think he would automatically have you all figured out for who you are? some of you are so quick to point fingers and judge someone you dont even know or much less know anything about other then what you see in the 90% right winged hating liberal news.

Kanye West is succesful due to 50 Cent; I suppose that can be added to the list including:
Christianity, Microsoft, The Contender, Harlem Globetrotters......
*Shakes head in disbelief*
Maybe people were looking for a fresh non-confrontational style, or maybe we already knew enough about 50's Bentley and West offers a better style?
He is kidding nobody.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.