50 Cent Asks: If Britney Spears Can Use The B-Word, Why Can't I?

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
'I guess they have their rules that apply individually to each artist,' MC says regarding censorship.

Obviously there's been so much controversy surrounding the N-word lately, but when it comes to the B-word, 50 Cent senses something of a double standard. The leader of the G-Unit, while on tour in London, quipped with a grin recently that nobody said anything about Britney Spears saying, "It's Britney, bitch," on the beginning of her first Blackout single, "Gimme More." Let a rapper try to say that at the beginning of his song, chances are he might get censored.

"I guess they have their rules that apply individually to each artist separately: 'Oh no, he can't say that, 'cause he feels like that about that person,' " he said. "But it's not a rule that applies to everybody else. Matter of fact, my next single, I'm going to start it [with], 'It's Britney, bitch!' "

50 just dropped his newest video, for "I Still Will." Don't think he's too excited about having to change the title for broadcast purposes.

"The real title is 'I'll Still Kill,' " he said defiantly, pointing out the name of the track as it appears on his Curtis LP.

"It's [renamed] 'I Still Will' for MTV," he added. "It's amazing because right after that [video plays], they'll have a group on TV called The Killers. There's always more pressure on hip-hop music. It's the stepchild of entertainment. ... In fact, my new project with Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Donnie Wahlberg will be out April 12th called Righteous Kill. Nobody has a problem with that, but 'I'll Still Kill' is the wrong title for a song. It's easier to fight one CD, one artist at a time — that's really what they're doing."

50 has been on tour overseas for about 25 dates and is only halfway done.

"The tour is great," he said. "I'm really enjoying myself. I've had to make some minor changes because I've been using a live band in parts, so it's a really different show [from] anything I've done before. I wanted to make sure it was a different show to what everyone has seen in the past. There's a lot more showmanship this time. I feel good about it. But as I change territories, I change the songs."

Source: MTV

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.