5% Album by Lord Jamaar

7 Syns

Goddamn!:thumb:

Surprisingly consistant, well shaped and thought-of album with perhaps one or two tracks lagging the finished product slightly. Overall it's a gem for 2006 and most likely not get it's proper due for another 5 years.

peace.

didnt know it was out....been hanging for this album....damn this travelling Europe business! :p

"the street, the corner" & "the sun" are really dope tracks....if the rest of the album is consistent with these, i HAVE to get this one!

peace.

7 Syns said:
Goddamn!:thumb:

Surprisingly consistant, well shaped and thought-of album with perhaps one or two tracks lagging the finished product slightly. Overall it's a gem for 2006 and most likely not get it's proper due for another 5 years.

peace.
http://www.streethop.com/forum/showthread.php?p=538311#post538311

I'm glad to hear it bettered your expectations.

Detractors of this album mainly criticise the beats by calling them too simplistic but on occasion it's nice to laud uncomplicated production values. Here, they serve as a windbreaker from those heaved up in shell toe Adidas razz-hip-hop-matazz. Sick sermonizing.

It's definately a solid effort.

7 Syns

albohemia said:
http://www.streethop.com/forum/showthread.php?p=538311#post538311

I'm glad to hear it bettered your expectations.

Detractors of this album mainly criticise the beats by calling them too simplistic but on occasion it's nice to laud uncomplicated production values. Here, they serve as a windbreaker from those heaved up in shell toe Adidas razz-hip-hop-matazz. Sick sermonizing.

It's definately a solid effort.
True, he album's main concentration is by far rhymes and message. I doubt Jamaar ever intended to put emphasis on the beats. Why people critize then, the beats leaves me dumb-founded.

peace.

Young Dirty appearance on 'Young Godz' reminds me so much of his father O.D.B... Anyway, after couple of promising songs which I heard I'm about to peep this album...

Haven't picked this up yet... if any of you guys actually own a copy, how's the 90 page booklet? From what I've read it's worth picking up the CD for this alone, yay or nay?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.