4 weeks later I recieve my "organized konfusion: stress, the extinction agenda"..

7 Syns

This is dopeness refreshed..

For those out there who enjoy that '92 - '95 circa hip-hop, an immaculate era which gave us classics like "illmatic", "ready to die", "word.. life", "dare iz a darkside", "enter the 36 chambers", "southernplayalisticadillacmuzik", "the infamous", "tical", "doe or die" and so forth then this is for you.

Prepare... THE STRESS is here and it's agenda? Extinction!.

Pharoahe Monch and Prince Po' make up the Queens duo, Organized Konfusion. And just ask anyone who's had the pleasure of hearing Pharoahe rhyme, his the real deal. One of the most unique emcee's who balance's rhymes with wit with his own flows. It's really a beautiful thing.

Anyways, this record isn't just a classic to me or to anyone who's ever called it one. This record is simply a musical masterpiece breaking down so many trials, barriers and corners of how an emcee is supposed to flow on a beat and rock a mic. Mainly, 90% thanks to Pharoahe. However, Prince Po' is enlighting and even though he compared to 85% of the industry would embarrass them with his riches of skill. Up and next to Pharoahe, it's just no comparison.

But.. Im trying to give you the album which Ive fallen in love with all over again. I ordered it a couple of weeks back (along with the best of.. UGK) and for the last couple of days it's been spinning non-stop.

As I run through the intro which Monch plain and simply comes ill it's not hard to find yourself rewinding it over. Flip it to the following track 'stress', Po' impressess me with his opening bars..

"Pain, stress
My brain, can't even rest
It's hard to maintain the pressure on my chest
Excess frustration strikes!
Blood rushes my head when I come across roads
With dead mics and wack promoted shows it's hard
But with the presence of God
I'm true to the game
So I'm back black, to take charge, and recap-ture
the time, wish it could never be wack -- I'm pure"..

While Monch drops some questions which I guess we all have asked ourselves about others one time or another..

"Why do you choose to mimic these wack MC's?
Why do you choose to listen to R&B?
Why must you believe somethin is fat
Just because it's played on the radio, 20 times per day?"..

'the extinction agenda' (track) holds it's own, making it 3 from 3 at the start to what at this point is shaping up very nicely. Pharoahe extends his lyrical abilities with bars like..

"I'm the poetical poltergeist I heist tracks from the past
And return 'em to the present time in rhyme form
What was once dead is now resurrected on the record
And the physical words are mere residuals for my bidding
For my disposal to dispose of... who are you kidding?"..

'thirteen' follows and with a lady of rage sample on the hook 'rock-a-rock-a-rock away with ya' bad self'. Monch's flow is just crazy, and it's got me thinking if Eminem's current flow is somewhat influenced by it. I started picking up similarities when bumping the record more and more. 'black sunday' has a more mellow feel then the previous cuts, a cool laid back instrumental where prince & pharoahe do their thing. 'bring it on' once again comes and hits you right in the brain area where you get impressed once pharoahe kick starts his verse. His flow.. his flow is just banana's, I mean he sounds off beat yet perfectly on beat at the same time. he sounds like his not riding the beat yet ride's it perfectly. Original, unique are really the only words I can think of. Check these lines from him..

"Betta believe I buttfuck MC's from the rear it appears you're stuck up
It's my terminology that strike up mind and rips this beat apart
You know the many styles I choose will bruise crews from the start
I flow awkwardly cause awkwardly I flow fast to the rhythm
Incisions are made into the brain and then I begin to give em
a lobotomy, follow me I'm shapin your brain.. like.. pottery"..

However without hearing it you woun't understand what makes them so good. Now I could name and analyse every track but I'll just keep "why", "let's organized", "3,2,1" & "keep it koming" surprises and get straight to the "me and my girlfriend"/"i gave you power" influencing "stray bullet". Guessed what Im getting at? Yep just a lik' conceptual gen thrown in there for y'all.

review link: http://www.cokemachineglow.com/reviews/konfusion_stress1994.html

enjoy.

peace.

Bobby Sands

For those out there who enjoy that '92 - '95 circa hip-hop, an immaculate era which gave us classics like "illmatic", "ready to die", "word.. life", "dare iz a darkside", "enter the 36 chambers", "southernplayalisticadillacmuzik", "the infamous", "tical", "doe or die" and so forth then this is for you.

And u wouldnt place Me Against the World on that list.,Why?

Ya I love this album. It's pure classic
One of my favorite verses ever comes from Prince Po on Stress which u posted up some of the lyrics
My alltime favorite verse comes from Pharoahe on Bring It On his first verse.

7 Syns

Tupac Tha Great said:
And u wouldnt place Me Against the World on that list.,Why?
check what I said.. "and so forth". Im not gonna name every record released in that era.

Goddamn some questions are just stupid.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.