36 Chambers vs The Score?

Whats better: The Score or 36 Chambers?

• The Score (Fugees)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 36 Chambers (Wu Tang Clan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've been listening to both recently, but which one do you think is better?

- The Score was ranked 477 on Rolling Stone's 500 greatest albums of all time.
- 36 Chambers was ranked 386 on the same list.

- 36 Chambers was released 1993.
- The Score was released 1996.

I personally think The Score is more superior in every way, why do you agree/disagree?

ARon

These are two of my favorite albums but damn, I never really thought to compare the two. Such different styles and flavors.
I want to say The Score, Lauryn Hill is amazing everytime she speaks and Wyclef and Pras do there duty each having their moments of shine. But 36 Chambers is so damn raw. It's a toss up for me I cant decide.

Both albums are classic's in there own right, but the style that 36 chambers brought was/is just amazing. It's more then raw, with not 1 track thats skippable. To me these are both great Rap cd's but Wu-Tang's debut takes it easily.

Like my man said before, Wu Tang Clan Aint nothing to Fuck With.

The score is an amazing album. But i really like the dark feel of the Wu Album. Its gotta a lot of soul too. Beats on point. Im bout to pop it in.

For me, 36 Chambers has more variety and production wise it's superior but The Score benefits from a cohesiveness and has an aura of originality running through it.
Both are strongISH

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
i don't see a comparison... here's why: 36 had more impact and was more groundbreaking than the score, and wu tang as a movement is still alive and strong worldwide. people will buy a cd because it has a wu logo on it, and that means a lot. the score was decent, and i'm not hating, but it was mainly a success thanks to lauryn. wyclef is an ok rapper (on their first album he is bald and is trying to look like a tough guy lol), but his wannabe bob marley shit really makes him old fast. praswell is, well, praswell. a mediocre rapper in a group that made it big because lauryn had an amazing voice and was down on a street level. fast forward to today and you have pras trying to act because no one will buy his lame dance club eric neiss hip hop, wyclef is still around but no one really feels him like he thinks we do, and lauryn went bonkers and lost all of her skill along with her mind. conversely, wu members have gotten a bit lazy, but they're still better than some ugly ass chamillionaire motherfucker who needs to stay off tv screens.

36 opened so many doors, while the score closed just as many. 36 for me, sir.

Bobby Sands

Two very different albums.Im gonna go with 36 Chambers simply because im a massive Wu fan and this is an album i listen to over and over and over again.I love it.

I have a lot of fond memories of listening to the Score when i was younger.

^The Score gets more respect than it deserves. The only reason I consider it remotely good is because of Lauryn Hill. Pras and Wyclef systematically pissed on what could have been straight fuego.

I think Roaches mentioned it best when he made the point of how mnay people can name off more then 3 songs off the Score (Killin Me Softly, Fugelala or whatever, Ready or Not).....it's an overated classic in many cases although it is good no doubt. 36 Chambers influenced the game and was one of the first CD's to bring hip-hop (mainly East coast rap) back to dominace.No comparsion.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.