2Pac/Nas?

hi,

i am a newbie fan of hip hop and i am sure most of you have heard this question a thousand times.

why is the beat on 2pac's all eyez on me the same as Nas' street dreams. i have read the leaflet things inside and the beats are made by two different producers. is this just coincidence or is the beat copied.

Thanks in advance. :)

AmerikazMost

they sampled the same song, "Sweet Dreams"...forget her name, but some woman did the song in the 80s i think

there was no relation between All Eyez On Me and Street Dreams...just a coincidence

AmerikazMost said:
they sampled the same song, "Sweet Dreams"...forget her name, but some woman did the song in the 80s i think

there was no relation between All Eyez On Me and Street Dreams...just a coincidence
:thumb: :thumb:

nas didnt really copy pac at all, i think what it came down to was that nas was down with mobb deep, and pac saw nas as a threat to his crown so he went after him, its the same thing with jay-z, he was down with biggie and he was a threat so pac went after him

KosimO

On Probation: Please report break in guidelines to
Pac didn't use anything from Sweet Dreams. The only thing that has the similarity is the hook on Nas - Street Dreams and Eurythmics Sweet Dreams. The two hooks are the same style, thats it. The beats from the Pac and Nas are totally different from Eurythmics.....

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
KosimO said:
Pac didn't use anything from Sweet Dreams. The only thing that has the similarity is the hook on Nas - Street Dreams and Eurythmics Sweet Dreams. The two hooks are the same style, thats it. The beats from the Pac and Nas are totally different from Eurythmics.....

Maybe JJ used the same sample maybe not. It isn't credited in AEOM booklet but it does sound similar.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I think what you need to do is listen to Sweet Dreams & think if you could imagine it being tweaked to sound like AEOM.
I did that and played both songs over each other but still couldn't hear the similarities between them :(

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.