2006-Potentially a great year?.

Bobby Sands

I was just looking through a list of albums to be released this year.This year has the potential to be a great year for rap music.We are due albums by Nas,Raekwon,Method Man,Ghostface,RZA,Redman,Ice Cube,2Pac,Busta Rhymes to name a few. and im sure there are other albums that have peope excited.Is 2006 gonna be the best year since 1997 or will we be dissapointed?

I dont think the rap game is gonna change much this year... The South is still gonna have it locked.. I'm looking forward to Busta, Pac, and maybe 1 or 2 more this year.. Raekwon and Ghosts past few albums havent impressed me, so I'm kinda weary of their new releases.. Hopefully Jae Milz or Stacks drops an lp, but I doubt it..

S. Fourteen

stop anticipating the Pac album, save yourself from disappointment.

I think 2006 will be much like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. Some good albums, some decent albums, some ok albums, and a lot of other albums that I wont even listen to.

HellRazor05 said:
I got high hopes for Pac, DMX, Styles P, Big L & Dr. Dre. There's gonna be a lot of good stuff droppin this year for sure.
Oh yea, Dre and DMX are droppin.. 4got about em for a sec! Yea, I cant wait till their sh!!t drops...

gnarls barkley
all of dooms releases
new pac
ghostface
j dillas the shining
2006 is already an amazing year... donuts alone :woah:

what about the new UGK is that coming this year. Hopefully this is the year the WU comes back to straighten the rap game out. Hopefully this is the year of meaniful lyrics, or at least something different then cars,pussy, dropin that ass, and I HOPE to GOD i see some real rap videos this year. Lets put some thought, and not go with the norm. (Curvy women that got a fucking ego, think theyre all hot and shit cause they are in a rap video, thats where the tricks hang out, sorry we see through that shit) I like the eye candy, but i got a computer fool of eye candy that will last me multiple life times. I want to see a dark rap video or something with some depth, similar to "Road to Zion". I definatly got my ear to the ground, waiting on what these artists have to offer.

i wish people would stop takin little cheap shots about pac albums..... i mean i respect everybody's opinion but the worst pac album since he died is still better than half of other records that just happen to be a little more radio friendly..... say if amaru didnt remix the beats would the same things still be said....... im sure there still would be a lot of negative comments, probably people saying they should have been remixed

KJ1 said:
i wish people would stop takin little cheap shots about pac albums..... i mean i respect everybody's opinion but the worst pac album since he died is still better than half of other records that just happen to be a little more radio friendly..... say if amaru didnt remix the beats would the same things still be said....... im sure there still would be a lot of negative comments, probably people saying they should have been remixed

no. The whole concept is we want to hear it the way pac put it down. Thats that.

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
no. The whole concept is we want to hear it the way pac put it down. Thats that.

That's not always possible though coz a lot of songs pac would record like six verses for and then only use 3 so he got extra verses without beats!!!

-RiP- said:
That's not always possible though coz a lot of songs pac would record like six verses for and then only use 3 so he got extra verses without beats!!!
a lot of artists do this plus he didnt do it for everysong. let me redo my definition: We want to hear the same speed pac recorded at and same beat he rapped over.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.