2006 artist/s of the year?

My nominations:

Young Jeezy
*Dropped two very polished mixtapes (Can't Ban the Snowman, I Am the Street Dream)

*Released The Inspiration, a very good second album, far from a sophmore slump. Also, he debut'd at number one.

Lil' Wayne
*Coming in '06 riding the success of Tha Carter II, dude was really out there, definately higher than he's ever been in his career.

*Then he released what alot of mainstream critics call the best mixtape of the year (Dedication 2).

*On top of that, he capped it off with a collaboration album with Baby and has plenty buzz concerning him and Juelz with the future release of I Can't Feel My Face, mixtape and album.

The Game
*So you know the story. Game refuses to beef with artists he looks up to. 50 kicks him out of G-Unit. With that comes an on-slaught of diss tracks and mixtapes from Game murdering 50 and G-Unit Inc.. As the release date for Doctor's Advocate nears, many wonder what will it be like. Will it have Dre, will the beats be knockin' and so forth. So after heatin' up the summer with 'One Blood', he drops Doctor's Advocate and goes #1, somethin' no G-Unit release has done this year.

T.I.
*Early '06, T.I. releases King and does much better than expected.

*'Why You Wanna' may very much have a nomination for single of the year because some radio stations are still playin' it. He also featured on another single of the year (Justin Timberlake ft. T.I. 'My Love)

*Releases a movie (ATL) and recieves good feedback on his acting.

*Also, until recently, he was the only rapper to go platinum.

Confucius87 said:
My nominations:

Young Jeezy
*Dropped two very polished mixtapes (Can't Ban the Snowman, I Am the Street Dream)

*Released The Inspiration, a very good second album, far from a sophmore slump. Also, he debut'd at number one.

Lil' Wayne
*Coming in '06 riding the success of Tha Carter II, dude was really out there, definately higher than he's ever been in his career.

*Then he released what alot of mainstream critics call the best mixtape of the year (Dedication 2).

*On top of that, he capped it off with a collaboration album with Baby and has plenty buzz concerning him and Juelz with the future release of I Can't Feel My Face, mixtape and album.

The Game
*So you know the story. Game refuses to beef with artists he looks up to. 50 kicks him out of G-Unit. With that comes an on-slaught of diss tracks and mixtapes from Game murdering 50 and G-Unit Inc.. As the release date for Doctor's Advocate nears, many wonder what will it be like. Will it have Dre, will the beats be knockin' and so forth. So after heatin' up the summer with 'One Blood', he drops Doctor's Advocate and goes #1, somethin' no G-Unit release has done this year.

T.I.
*Early '06, T.I. releases King and does much better than expected.

*'Why You Wanna' may very much have a nomination for single of the year because some radio stations are still playin' it. He also featured on another single of the year (Justin Timberlake ft. T.I. 'My Love)

*Releases a movie (ATL) and recieves good feedback on his acting.

*Also, until recently, he was the only rapper to go platinum.

I agree with ya.. although I cant stand Wanye!! I'd add Nas to that list too.

.. all depends what you consider "artist of the year"?

Rappers that sold the most?
Rappers that accomplished the most?
Rappers that got most recognition for their shit?

to me artist of the year is none of that though, to me its:
The Rapper that impacted you the most.
The Rapper that had you listening to his album the whole year.
The rapper that had you runnin up to ur boys going, DAMN u gotta hear this shit.
Overall just that rapper you felt most that year

.. with that said its probably Vakill for me this year

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.