;) It's war now. Here comes the big gun.

My case for 1996:

2Pac-All Eyez on Me (If it were trimmed down to one disc, I'd be calling it the greatest rap record of all-time)

2Pac (as Makaveli)-Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory (Flawed as it is, it's still fascinating)

Busta Rhymes-The Coming (Busta's solo debut, I liked it better than When Disaster Strikes, personally)

Domino-Physical Funk (Very overlooked, "Long Beach Funk" is a great track)

Dru Down-Can You Feel Me (My favorite Bay record of all-time, from my favorite Bay rapper of all-time)

E-40-Tha Hall of Game ('40's best record, IMO)

Foesum-Perfection (As solid a G-Funk record as you'll find from the 90's, especially "Ultimate Collaboration")

The Fugees-The Score (Hard to believe that this was the Fugees' only solid record)

Ghostface Killah-Ironman (Debut by the Ghost)

Jay-Z-Reasonable Doubt (Debut by Mr. Hawaiian Sophie himself, or at least his sidekick)

Nas-It Was Written (I have this on here only to appease the East fans)

OutKast-ATLiens (My favorite OutKast record, nobody like them when "Elevators" came out)

Rappin' 4-Tay-Off Parole (The title track is one of my all-time 4-Tay tracks)

Richie Rich-Seasoned Veteran (Good 'Pac collab and 'Pac tribute)

The Roots-Illadelph Halflife (My all-time favorite Roots track, "What They Do")

Snoop Doggy Dogg-Tha Doggfather (This record does NOT deserve the hate it gets)

A Tribe Called Quest-Beats, Rhymes, & Life ("1nce Again", J. Dilla beat if I'm not mistaken)

UGK-Ridin' Dirty (Not my favorite UGK record, but it might be the best)

Westside Connection-Bow Down (My favorite Cube era, however many people disagree, saying he wasn't political enough, the fact is, he was never more untouchable on the mic as he was in this record)

Yo-Yo-Total Control ("Yo-Yo Funk" is one of my favorite Battlecat beats)

Mac Dre Presents the Rompilation Vol. 1 ("Doing What We Do", another classic Bay anthem)

Christmas on Death Row (Kind of jarring when you first listen to it, but it's really a solid addition to the Row's catalog, especially "I Wish")

Great year for "debut" records, and may have been the best year for the Bay Area, ever.

I didn't say that, but they were the strongest tracks on the record, I don't have the energy to write a paragraph on each record on the list right now.

niggaz done changed is tight but def not one of the strongest. Funk would prolly be it but i dont have my cd on me right now so i really can't argue

AmerikazMost

Ah c'mon. 95 > 96. Let's face it. Though there were other good releases, Pac dominated that year. 1996 can't even be considered.

And I never heard any hate for the Snoop album. My second favorite Snoop release, and the only other one I've bought and not downloaded.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.