[12.20] Mayne T.R.I.P. Interview

HIPHOPisHERE.com caught up with one of the members of Cash Mob Bosses, Mayne T.R.I.P., for an exclusive interview.

We talked to Mayne about his life, how he got into the music business, his previous released album, his upcoming album, The Mayne Event Vol. 2, CMB, and a lot more.

HHiH: What’s up Mayne? How’s everything going?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: Everything is going as planned my man… What’s GooD wit u famo?

HHiH: Everything’s great here. Let’s start with a little introduction for those who don’t know who you are. Who are you and where are you from?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: I’m Mayne T.R.I.P. (an acronym standing for Truly Respecting Intelligent Prophets) I believe we all have a story we foresee. I was born “Tremayne”, raised in Cleveland Ohio, but now I reside in Orange County California where I’ve been for 18 years now. (I guess it’s safe to call Cali my home huh lol, but I’m always repping Cleveland cuz that’s my heart) Throwing up the “W”… I love the Westside thou cuz this is where my fam is at now and we have everything out here! U name it?

HHiH: When did you first start with music and what got you into it?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: At the age of nine, I was influenced by all kinds of music from R&B, Blues, to Jazz and Hip Hop. To keep me out of the streets and off the block with my cousins at the time, I started playing the trumpet in 4th grade. By 7th grade I was accepted to Cleveland School of the Arts to study music, but a couple years later, my family (consisting of my mother & two sisters) moved to California to get out of the “ghetto”. Believe me when I say this, Cleveland is not just the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It’s Gutta!!! I lived on the East Side of Superior to the low end. From 79th n Wade Park up to 131st and Harvard & Miles. I can’t count how many times we moved. I lived all over Cleveland. I still know how to get around like the back of my hand. My fam is real deep there. Shots Out to all my folks in the Land. I guess you can say, “I’ve always had a gift for melody”. I knew every song on the radio at that time. Hahaha

HHiH: Who were your influences when you first started with music?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: I was influenced by the first Pioneers of Hip Hop, being that I’m in my early 30’s (the new 20’s) been around the game for a long time. I’ve heard & seen a lot with music, where it started. From Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC, KRS-1 and BDP, Kool G Rap, to wanting to be “Paid in Full” like Eric B and Rakim. At Present, I still listen to the greats_2Pac, Ice Cube, Snoop, Bone Thugs, Biggie, Eminem, Jay-Z, and Scarface along with other artist, Major and Independent. I like a variety of music and not just one type of style. 2Pac was the artist I felt the most, cuz I could understand his pain and feel the emotions in his words and most importantly, how he reached out to his fans with a purpose.

HHiH: You released the album The Mayne Event Vol. 1 last year. For those who haven’t listened to that yet, what can you tell them about it? Why should they check it out?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: This was my second really solo project I’ve done since 2000, but wanted to keep it all original instead of all the mixtape beats used by other folks in the game. It’s nothing wrong with mixtape joints, but I wanted to pursue this project to labels, but felt there was something missing. It’s Produced by the homie Cash Daily “No Plan B Ent”. He did a great job on it, but it was our first real project together. He was in the process of preparing for his son “Kingston”, so we knocked out a few tracks rapidly. We had Bangers on there like “Newborns” and “Change Go Come” feat Shavoine. Shavoine is my sister that does Spoken Word and she is real deep wit it. Taught me to step my word play up, what up sis? lol The Mayne Event Vol. 1 wasn’t available for digital download then, but can be downloaded here Download theMayne_EventVol1.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

HHiH: And now you’re soon putting out The Mayne Event Vol. 2. Tell us a little about this second album. Is it a lot different from Vol. 1?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: The Mayne Event Vol. 2 is a bit different. I have a couple features from R.E.L.I.K a New Orleans\Cali Native, (CMB members Sonny Kapone and Shotty Boi) and also Luby a.k.a Akhenaten who Produced a track called “Young Black Man”, available on ITunes and Amazon.com.

Of course Cash Daily did another joint on there called “Top Model” Featuring Suede. This single is more of a Radio ready song with a bit of R&B on the hook. This was my first time collaborating with an R&B artist, or any kind of singer. Shots out to the homie Suede, you’ll see more of us coming soon also in the future. I have another single called “Get It Girl” for the ladies that song goes hard too. I also have a couple I don’t give a fuck songs that expose fake rappers and fake gangsterism, since everyone is hard nowadays. I’m also gonna re-release “Change Go Come” feat Shavoine, as a bonus track cuz it bang so hard in ur trunk. I technically predicted Change in 2008-2009 and now we got Obama as the U.S. President. Great Times! Shots out to Obama for holding us down! haha He might not change everything, but some things are being addressed.

HHiH: When can we expect Vol. 2 to be out?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: The Mayne Event Vol. 2 will be released the first week of 2010… I’m starting the year off right for my fans and I will be leaking songs before then on CashMobBosses.com - The Official CMB Website & Mayne T.R.I.P. (MayneLyneMusik) on Twitter

HHiH: The first single “Top Model,” which features Suede, is out. What kind of feedback have you received on it so far?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: I’m having Great feedback on my single “Top Model” actually. It’s currently in the process of being played on air waves near you; we just need that West Coast Support. Besides that, it’s generated great feedback from all walks of life. I’ve done a few shows with Models taking pics on motorcycles and & different scene’s while I performed, so that was something new. The Video will be coming early 2010 so get ready for that… Its gon be FIRE!!

HHiH: The single was produced by Cash Daily. Has he produced any more tracks on the album?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: Yes, he has produced “Top Model, and Change Gon Come” that will be re-released as a bonus track also. There are songs done by other producers like “Keep On Dreaming”, Produced by MANEDABIZ. I have recorded a lot of songs, but for this project will be a total of 7 songs with the bonus track included. All Songs…no intro, outro or backdo… haha

HHiH: Is “Top Model” available on iTunes and Amazon.com?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: Absolutely, as well as “Young Black Man”, Produced by Akhenaten, the first song on “The Mayne Event vol2″, Go to iTunes or Amazon.com right now and support ya boi. Put it in your iPod, iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry Storm, all that…

HHiH: You are also part of the group Cash Mob Bosses. Who are the rest of the members of CMB?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: Yes… “CMB- We All BOSSes Mobbin To Get This Cash”. I’m 1/3 of CMB along with Shotty Boi and Sonny Kapone. We got great chemistry together & it works! What up to my G’z!!! All love folks!

HHiH: CMB has a mixtape series called West Neva Left. The first mixtape was released last year. When is the next mixtape coming?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: CMB was currently scheduled to release CMB Present: “A Go Gettaz Rize to Stardom Vol1″ in September09, but we pushed it back to early next Spring 2010. At the time, all members were going thru things in our lives that had to be addressed. That’s part of CMB’s Growth and Development, is to all agree on things and do what’s best for us during those moments. We’re also in the lab mixing songs we’ve done. We have sooo much material; we only want to give out the best songs possible. With time, CMB will be known in this music business. Watch out for the album and download the “West Neva Left” Mixtape Series here Download West Neva Left We Still Here (One Year Edition).zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

HHiH: Tell us a little about what we can expect from this mixtape. You had features like Cashis and Young De on the first West Neva Left mixtape. Will we see any more collaborations with them?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: With “CMB Present: A Go Gettaz Rize to Stardom Vol1″, we wanted to give the audience more of us than other collaborations as before. The WNL Mixtape had about 22 songs with 14 different artist who we got together and submitted and recorded songs with us for that project. With Rize to Stardom, there are a few guest appearances but not like before. In the meantime, we’ll continue recording. Keep your ear to the streets for more info.

HHiH: You also had the Midwest tour with Cashis. How did you hook up with Cashis for that?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: We all grindn’ hard from doin’ shows, getting money like Bosses suppose to. Everybody in O.C. (Orange County) literally got a movement going on with this music. It’s still pushing as I speak. My Brother n Law “@NextDoor714″ & his fam in Missouri, set up this tour in the Mo. Cashis management had contacts as well in Springfield and Chicago, so we all got on a flight together n did the road trip.

HHiH: How did the tour go?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: Awhhh man, it was really a Road Trip. (laughs) We started in St. Louis then went to Springfield “drivin”, then went to Chicago late night 3am in the morning, after the show in Springfield. We chilled in the Chi wit Ramone and his fam ate some Harold’s Chicken wit that Mild Sauce, haha got that fresh fade in the City. Went thru the Chi where Cashis and Sonny Kapone grew up! The Chi remind me so much of Cleveland. It was definitely a good experience to tour with a major recording artist like Cashis. We were deep in a Durango leaving Chicago back to Missouri for over 8hrs, (mind you, we didn’t know it was that long), met up wit NextDoor on the last night of the tour before performing in the hills of the Mozart’s… That was a crazzzzy night. I was sick all the way to the airport the next morning back to Cali, due to the VIP Treatment of Hennessy coming all night… hahaha Party Like a Rocstar, Fuck it! All in All, we had a great time!

HHiH: Let’s talk a little about the near future. What’s going to happen in Mayne’s life? What new projects are you working on?

Mayne T.R.I.P.: I’m currently finishing the mixing on “The Mayne Event Vol2″. Once that is released on 1-10-2010, I will be networking, grindn’, gettin back out there to those shows. “Top Model” video coming soon. Besides that, I’mma be writing for “The Mayne Stimulation” Produced by Cash Daily and focusing on this CMB Project to get completed. Once CMB Present: “A Go Gettaz Rize to Stardom” is released, we gonna do a few videos so the world can see us. Staying humble doin what matters most, living life with the family ya know.

HHiH: That was all the questions I had for you. Thank you for doing this interview with HHiH. If there’s anything you want to say to those who are reading this, here’s your chance.

Mayne T.R.I.P.: I just want to thank YOU for allowing me to have this chance to be heard and listened to by the world. CMB coming real soon fans get ready. Go to CashMobBosses.com - The Official CMB Website and download the music. Go to Apple - iTunes - Everything you need to be entertained. and download the music. Leave a comment and ur opinion on the music as well. Shots Out to CMB, “We All BOSSes Mobbin To Get This Cash”, Cash Daily, R.E.L.I.K. the Shady Capo Cashis and all the Producers with this movement. Aaron @ Creative Highway for creating the Artwork for CMB & future projects. The whole O.C. 714 Da ANAZ, NextDoor, Kadillak Kaz, NiteRidaz, Epademik, IK movement, Mash, Siccness, Strolling Wreckless, Ariano, Kaliber, Noah Jones, Crossfade, Juice Rocc, Xile, Luby, JKing, all the DJ’s (2 many to name), What Up “DJ ISZM”, Cherry Fam, All MY FAM in Cali, Vegas and Cleveland much love. To all who will be reading this. Thank YOU! I appreciate your time!

Rest in Peace to my Folks “Looney Toons”. 2.15.19.

FREE Cory G- FREE BiG Coombs- FREE my Cuzzo “Man”!

Mayne T.R.I.P. 1/3 of Cash Mob Bosses

Mayne T.R.I.P. Interview | HIPHOPisHERE.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.