$1.5 Million Judgment Against DMX Overturned

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
A $1.5 million default judgment which was handed against DMX earlier this year has reportedly been overturned.

As previously reported, DMX told Sister 2 Sister Magazine in a 2006 issue that Monique Wayne, the mother of his love child, sexually assaulted him as he slept.

“She raped me,” DMX told Sister 2 Sister. “I mean, you know, that might sound like some bullsh-t? No man has ever been... you know what I mean, like never? Is that the only thing in the world that's not possible?”

Wayne would file a $1.6 million lawsuit against DMX claiming that the sex was consensual and that she suffered severe emotional distress from his comments.

DMX would fail to appear at the case's hearing and the judge would award Wayne with $518,400 in compensatory damages and $1 million in punitive penalties.

In retaliation, DMX would hire The Murphy Firm, a Baltimore-based law firm which would convince the judge to overturn the default judgment on Friday (May 16).

“Today a very large judgment was vacated,” DMX's lawyer, Hassan Murphy, told KBS Radio Friday. “The judge clearly agreed with us that [DMX] was never properly notified and therefore he threw out the judgment.”

A new trial date hasn't been set for the lawsuit.

Source: Sixshot.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.