[04.17] Epademik Disses Asher Roth In New Interview?

Orange County rapper Epademik is not afriad to say what’s on his mind. In this interview with HHiH, he speaks freely about the hip hop game, his upcoming album, new mixtape, and more.

“We already have an Eminem so why would we want to hear another rapper who sounds like him. Let those mutha fuckers stay in college and make songs about it. If any of this offends you then good, your kind is not welcome in my world anyway.”

HHiH: What’s up EP? Thanks for doing this interview with HIPHOPisHERE.com.

No doubt… It’s my pleasure.

HHiH: Let’s start this off with a little introduction. For those out there who don’t know who Epademik is, who are you?

I am an emcee hailing from Orange County California, yeah I said Orange County. I am a hip hop head who just inked a deal with Hoopla/Universal to release my latest project, Addicted to the Grind. I grew up listening to legendary artists like Big Daddy Kane, EPMD, MC Shan, Run DMC, Too Short & Ice Cube! I was battling before 8 Mile.

I speak freely about whatever is on my mind. I’m straight forward and very blunt. So what’s good?

HHiH: Where are you from and where did you grow up?

I was born in Inglewood and grew up in Gardena (South Central LA) til the age of 12 then moved to Orange County and have been here ever since!

HHiH: For how long have you been rapping?

The whole rapping thing was introduced to me by my older bro. He was the one who taught me how to arrange my words. That was in the early 90’s. So I’ve been rapping for many many years. lol

HHiH: Ok let’s move on to your upcoming album, Addicted To The Grind. What can you tell us about it?

Well originally it was going to be just a giveaway street album until my publicist Jon Hay heard it and said we need to put it out through Hoopla/Universal, which is the label I am currently signed with for this project. I’m not a fan of utilizing other artists that I don’t really know for features on my albums. If I’m going to do a song with somebody then it’ll be with an artist that I enjoy listening to. I truly believe there has to be a certain vibe when collaborating on a song otherwise it’ll just be some filler type shit. As far as the album itself, I’m basically presenting the idea of how I am addicted to the grind of hip hop, the music game itself. Music is my drug. I need it everyday. If I’m not writing or recording then I feel weird. I need my fix DAMMIT! lol

HHiH: Who are some of the guest artists and producers on the album?

I have my homeboy Cashis from Shady Records on two tracks, Kadillak Kaz, Supreme, Akoma, Kozme came and sang a hook for me & I can’t forget about Ill Phaness from Strollin Wreckless. These are all people that I constantly interact with out here so it just made sense to get them on this major release.

On the production side I went with Serf Show, Steve Dang and also I got a track from the almighty DJ Arkane (Shadyville DJ). Of course my crimey T Dubb goes over every track before finalizing it. Bad Seed all day! The sound of this album is so big but that’s what I wanted. I wanted a sound that nobody else has right now. A lot of melody and changes through out. I’m really excited about this project.

HHiH: When is it coming out?

We’re looking at a possible late June release date.

HHiH: Where will we be able to pick it up?

It will be put out through Universal so it will be everywhere. Target, WalMart, iTunes, FYE, etc.

HHiH: Let’s say you have 30 seconds to promote the album on a major radio station. What would you say about it?

I would say, it’s an album with substance and great music. It’s NOT about jewelry, cars, poppin champagne, lollipops or other non important bullshit topics. Quality lyrics you can understand and hooks that will stick in your mind. It’s definitely a concept album from beginning to end. Songs you can play in your ride or in the club, but there is no mentioning of “the club” in it at all. It’s the kind of music we all miss. Not gumball watered down cornball shit.

HHiH: You are also working on a new mixtape called Eastcoast Beastin, right?

Yes sir, I decided to get a hold of some classic East coast hip hop instrumentals from the early & mid nineties such as Gangstarr, Biggie, early Jay-Z & Mobb Deep and just beast on it!

HHiH: When is this coming out?

Within a few weeks it should be done.

HHiH: What can we expect from it?

You can expect some raw & rugged shit talking at it’s best. I have DJ Jemani putting it together. Jemani is the only DJ to ever get banned from DatPiff! Lol… He’s so rugged. Wassup Jem! SHUUUTEM DOOOOWWWWWN! Eastcoast in the building for sure!

HHiH: Do you have any other projects in the works that you can tell us about?

Actually I am working on my next album after Addicted to the Grind. It’s untitled as of now. It is definitely way different from Addicted to the Grind. A lot of rock influenced music on it. I’ve been working a lot with John Arnold of Project 1 on it.

HHiH: If we want to see you perform live, where should we go, are you doing any live shows at the moment?

Very soon I will be hitting various venues in support of my album. I will keep you informed of course.

HHiH: That was all the questions I had for you. Anything you want to say to those who are reading this? The word is yours.

Word up… t’s time for us real emcees and true hip hop lovers to take this shit back from all these gay ass artists that have completely fucked up the whole genre. Get back to making songs with content, actual substance. Stop talking about the god damn club in all your fuckin songs. That’s not the bizness. What made artists like Snoop, Eminem, Dr Dre, Jay-Z etc respected? It was their hard singles that were filled with raw emotion. Don’t listen to these dumb ass label execs who think they know what is hot. Most them are homos that want to obliterate hip hop as WE know it. If you’re an artist trying to get a record deal, don’t comprimise for these dickheads. Do you, be yourself. Don’t emulate or imitate anybody else. We already have an Eminem so why would we want to hear another rapper who sounds like him. Let those mutha fuckers stay in college and make songs about it. If any of this offends you then good, your kind is not welcome in my world anyway.

Thanks for letting me vent out a little bit. Ha Ha

Peace.

Epademik Disses Asher Roth? | HIPHOPisHERE.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.