“Indie Arie, you are so sweet and lovely. Britney Spears you are ugly”

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Pop Princess Britney Spears was blatantly insulted in the hip-hop song “Black Princess” where she was hypothetically placed next to female artist Indie Arie and ascribed as being “plain ugly”. The artist (Book) who wrote the detrimental piece openly stated: “I was just watching VH1 most beautiful people and I was not seeing any of the women that I consider beautiful such as Venus Williams and India Arie. Then they showed Britney Spears and I almost fell out my chair, because I thought there is no way Britney is as beautiful or talented as India Arie, so I just came up with the song right there”.

As for the song itself, it is a top download on iTunes and Yahoo Music, but is looked on by fans as being disparaging to Britney and her career, rather then being a “crowed-pleaser”. The song can be heard here.

Is this song really on iTunes? What I heard of it sounded terrible! Maybe I can get my rhymes on iTunes...

Not wanting to be too hard on you, but does this warrant a news item? It is not very important or interesting, and might be better as a thread in the forums.

This is just pathetic..........There is NO NEED FOR THIS IN THE NEWS SECTION.........This guy sucks, bottom line........I dont fuck with Mrs. Fedrlines(or however the fuck it's spelled)'s music at all, never since day one, but this guy is BASURA!!!!!! Pure and simple, tryin to make a name for himself by dissin some bullshit pop chick while she's down n out in the first place......Besides, me personally, I'd rather bang Hallie before both Britney and India........FUCK WHAT YOU HEARD......This kid is LUNCHIN........This is not raggae, this is fuckin raGAY........:fury:

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
To be honest you guys know shit about raggae, so you have no reason to critisize. The fact that he disses Britney has nothing to do with trying to get famous, he uses Britney as a reference to a stereotypical white girl, the motive behind the song is about black african women being more "sweet and lovely" than white girls.

Plus this song will never get rotation, its on Soundclick ffs.

Casey

Staff member
I'd wager that I know more about reggae, specifically dancehall or ragga than anyone else on this board, considering my cousin is one of the biggest selling dancehall artists ever. And this guy, Bookman, he is blatantly trying to make a name for himself by doing this, and quite honestly he sucks. He's trying to sound like Sizzla and failing miserably.

And I'd fuck Britney over India Arie.

Prize Gotti said:
To be honest you guys know shit about raggae, so you have no reason to critisize. The fact that he disses Britney has nothing to do with trying to get famous, he uses Britney as a reference to a stereotypical white girl, the motive behind the song is about black african women being more "sweet and lovely" than white girls.

Plus this song will never get rotation, its on Soundclick ffs.

Quite the contrary, I know PLENTY about reggae, and this guy just sucks, hands down. I understand the "point" you're trying to make, but this guy SUCKS, and it's apparent that he's trying to say that shit to make up for lack of talent by replacing it with "shock value".....Even though Britney sucks more then this clown....Also, race has NOTHING TO DO with being "sweet and lovely"......There's ugly and beautiful women of all races, as there are sweet and evil women of all races, so that excuse isn't gonna work buddy...You're right though, it'll never get rotation, and it is ONLY on soundclick so no big deal.....Ohh, and by the way dogg, you misspelled reggae.....LOL:eek:

Shot 21

Militant said:
I'd wager that I know more about reggae, specifically dancehall or ragga than anyone else on this board, considering my cousin is one of the biggest selling dancehall artists ever. And this guy, Bookman, he is blatantly trying to make a name for himself by doing this, and quite honestly he sucks. He's trying to sound like Sizzla and failing miserably.

And I'd fuck Britney over India Arie.
Whos your cousin?

Casey

Staff member
Shot 21 said:
Whos your cousin?
Apache Indian. One of the most successful reggae artists of all time, 7 UK Top 40 hits (more than any other reggae act except UB40), and Boom Shak A Lak has been in several movies, including Scooby Doo 2, and many commercials including the Lynx campaign a few years back with Jennifer Aniston.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.