2pac is overrated in common eyes..

Tojo

this morning on bay area radio station(wild 94.9) they played ambition az ridah. it got my day started.. but after the track was being played the ppl on hte radio sation said this "Pac N Jerry Rice is so overrated" then they jus lead on the jerry rice sayin how old he is n ppl in his team is 2x younger than , he cud b their father n blah..

over the alst 6yrs Pacs legacy has been very respected, it was still COOL if u listened to Pac. Unlike today, ppl wil think ur Lame if u listen to Pac... lik thats OLD SCHOOL, thats jus so elvis... is pac's legacy really dying

actually it is lame if u still listen to pac..it is lame if u still listen to him more than once in every lets say** 4 months? Ya know everybody has moments when ya think back of the old times..BUt uhh many people forget hip hop moved on and hip hop obviously didnt die when pac died...and yeah he is hella overrated...doesnt mean i dont like his music tho...but ppl act like he was a god..

I think a lot of people see Tupac as overrated for mainly two reasons;

1. They've never really listened to his music.

2. There's too many 'fans' who ride 'Pac's dick to an unbelievable extent. These dickryders are usually the ones who are running around screaming WESTSIDE! instead of Keep Ya Head Up or Dear Mama. Not saying you've got to be into 2Pac's softer tunes to be a true fan, but you know the type. You say, 'if 2Pac & Biggie had ever went toe to toe, no weapons, 'Pac would've got crushed' & they say, 'hell naw, 'Pac a fucking ridah! Westside, Outlaw, Thug Life!' The lack of intelligence in these 'fans' is something, IMO, the average thinks can be reflected in the type of 'ignorant shit' this idiot must listen to.

Also, it don't help when you've got these rich kids listening to Tupac (& rap in general) as some kind of rebellion. It makes this music look like some kind of immature phase. I mean, how the fuck you going to 'thug' when you're living in a big ass house & your mother & father are pulling in almost six digit salaries.

Hurts said:
actually it is lame if u still listen to pac..it is lame if u still listen to him more than once in every lets 4 months? Ya know everybody has moments when ya think back of the old times..BUt uhh many people forget hip hop moved on and hip hop obviously didnt die when pac died...and yeah he is hella overrated...doesnt mean i dont like his music tho...but ppl act like he was a god..
so how often do u listen?

Tojo

i think ppl r living better dayz n they dunt realize that how hash life was then..
i really think things got better
esp in the ghettos

stefanwzyga

Not for me he aint! his music gets better with each listen! how can it be uncool to listen to pac? the only people who think its uncool to listen to pac are geeks an freeks!

Tojo

^^
u cant really play 2pacs when theres grl in ur car.. unless they r ur close grl or something

i was listening to a Burn cD last night wtih my headphones.. it was a mxiture of new songs(g-unit) and OG of 2pacs.. it isnt a good cd cuz the songs era r lik so far from distance.. i realyl love pac's music, esp his OG like R U STILL DOWN and THugstyle.. i really lik the ol school beats but if u compare it to the new ones it jus \wont add up. (that 50cent n game song, Hate It Or Love it)

stefanwzyga said:
How come?
it is 2005, grls will think its GHETTO To be playing 2pac (i guess only grls from the city). i play 2pac when i meet grls from the ghetto lik richmond and stuff.. i guess it really depends on who u with then..

but u want to listen to new stuff, they might then ur kind of guy that wont move on

Hurts said:
actually it is lame if u still listen to pac..it is lame if u still listen to him more than once in every lets 4 months? Ya know everybody has moments when ya think back of the old times..BUt uhh many people forget hip hop moved on and hip hop obviously didnt die when pac died...and yeah he is hella overrated...doesnt mean i dont like his music tho...but ppl act like he was a god..
Please leave this board Hurts.

I know what Tojo's saying. There's very few 2Pac songs that I would play around a girl that I ain't that close to to simply because a lot of them are quite harsh, bleak and/or deep & that usually isn't going to do you any favours with a girl you're trying to get in the sack. But if they're like a close friend - you probably won't be trying to hit that - & if she is your girlfriend then you should be hitting that regardless.

Tojo said:
this morning on bay area radio station(wild 94.9) they played ambition az ridah. it got my day started.. but after the track was being played the ppl on hte radio sation said this "Pac N Jerry Rice is so overrated" then they jus lead on the jerry rice sayin how old he is n ppl in his team is 2x younger than , he cud b their father n blah..

over the alst 6yrs Pacs legacy has been very respected, it was still COOL if u listened to Pac. Unlike today, ppl wil think ur Lame if u listen to Pac... lik thats OLD SCHOOL, thats jus so elvis... is pac's legacy really dying

i think i've heard ambitionz on 94.9 one time or it mighta been 97.7. anyway if they really said that then that's bull shit

zero cool...why don't you leave this board...? why should i leave it man..cuz i said pac is overrated?...cmon man..he didnt get that much luv b4 he died...and if u read my post...i say ppl act like he's a fucking god...like he was the fuckin father of hip hop or sumthig..NOW THAT IS HELLA OVERRATED...pac had nice records these are the records that stand out...but he had also had alot of shit records...

Oh and how often do i listen to pac...? hm lemme think..Didnt i say..once in a while...liek for instance 4 months..when you get that feeling.. u just wanna listen to them old songs..and when i listen to pac i only listen to 1 song...and thats do for love...

Oh man i make 1 post and got all the pacgroupies crackin jokes...like:
hurts isnt even old enough to remember pac when he was alive
LOL faggot get that pac poster off ur wall and start listening to some new shit...LOL..thats my reply...thank u...

*walks away from the stage*

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I think a lot of people see Tupac as overrated for mainly two reasons;

1. There's too many 'fans' who ride 'Pac's dick They've never really listened to his music.

2. to an unbelievable extent. These dickryders are usually the ones who are running around screaming WESTSIDE! instead of Keep Ya Head Up or Dear Mama. Not saying you've got to be into 2Pac's softer tunes to be a true fan, but you know the type. You say, 'if 2Pac & Biggie had ever went toe to toe, no weapons, 'Pac would've got crushed' & they say, 'hell naw, 'Pac a fucking ridah! Westside, Outlaw, Thug Life!' The lack of intelligence in these 'fans' is something, IMO, the average thinks can be reflected in the type of 'ignorant shit' this idiot must listen to.

Also, it don't help when you've got these rich kids listening to Tupac (& rap in general) as some kind of rebellion. It makes this music look like some kind of immature phase. I mean, how the fuck you going to 'thug' when you're living in a big ass house & your mother & father are pulling in almost six digit salaries.
Pac dick riders are the main reason for ppl to think that Pac is overated which i think that it's true even though he is my favorite rapper.

Hurts said:
Oh and how often do i listen to pac...? hm lemme think..Didnt i say..once in a while...liek for instance 4 months..when you get that feeling.. u just wanna listen to them old songs..and when i listen to pac i only listen to 1 song...and thats do for love...

Oh man i make 1 post and got all the pacgroupies crackin jokes...like:
hurts isnt even old enough to remember pac when he was alive
LOL faggot get that pac poster off ur wall and start listening to some new shit...LOL..thats my reply...thank u...

*walks away from the stage*
dude....the new shit is.......shit
as soon as some one drops a new album ya'll jump onit and anaylse it 2 fuck, then ya'll find one thing you hate about it then everybody rape's the tracks from its credibility..

and am not saying am 1 of these 'westside' dickryders but how can you only listen to 2pac once in awhile?.....2pac's not overated, If you wanna go listen to some new shit then thats up2 you....listenin to 80% of the mainstream is listenin to one big 2pac ad anyway theyr all dickryding 2pac these days...

the artists 2day think if they mention his name theyr gonna appear knowledgeable and respecting a dead legend...(like Dre, he hated pac but give a shout out on obies cd)...in reality its just a different perspective of grave robbing because people are buying the shit because 2pac was mentioned..

why people think tupacs overated:because all they see is anutha black man crying about change, people like that have high level of ignorance, but its cool ur not the biggest 2pac fan ya made that clear....put some 50 cent on....coz he's the realist :rolleyes:

oh and i like my 2pac poster....its the shit.... :p

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.