I dont know how anyone can like Lupe

Euphanasia

lupe is ill. food and liquor was garbage agreed. dumb it down is a tight track.
The thing about Food and Liquor is that he was forced to scrap his original album and come up with a new one due to internet leaks. Aside from the first 4 tracks or so, the album is sick. Lupe is the man

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I didnt like Food and Liqour a whole lot, felt it was very overrated. Lupe..I just cant get into his music. Hes not wack though just not a fan. Abit like Talib Kweli for aswel..just cant get into him anymore. Or Nas..

S. Fourteen

Lupe knows how to choose words that stick. Other than that, he says what others have been saying - does what other have been doing - I bought 3 copies of Food & Liquor last year around this time and I bought 3 copies of Ultimate Victory this time around. You'll get stuck with the short end of the culture if you start getting wrapped up in Magazine covers and music videos too much - they're trying to sell like the next man. How can you not like "He Say She Say"? Daydreamin is a freakin classic. So is The Evening News.

ps. about Daydreamin - also check out Beta Band's "Squares"

Well, I like it. Not the biggest fan of Lupe but to say he can't rap is madness. It's jsut that his subject matter is overplayed - the whole sophisticated chi-town thing. He needs to carve himself a market. We already have Common, Kanye, Etc.

I think the main problem his is voice, it is too monotone with no expression. IMO.

masta247

Staff member
that track is somehow hypnotising and addictive.

He sounds better than Lil Wayne IMO + his wordplay is dope and that's good enough.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.