Ask me shit:

Chronic said:
I don't think roaches listens to Lynch much. The style is similar to his album with Sicx Nigga Deep and to a lesser extent X Raided's Psycho Active. The album is good but it's not as good or sounds much like Season of da Siccness or Loaded.
Best song is prob "24 Deep", of which there's a very dope remix on the The Best of Black Market CD.
Thanks for that. Since I'm guessing you listen to lynch, what's up with this shit about Mr. Doctor being a snitch and i think it was either Sicx or Loki fucking their kids? Is it true at all?

Chronic

DUB CEE said:
Thanks for that. Since I'm guessing you listen to lynch, what's up with this shit about Mr. Doctor being a snitch and i think it was either Sicx or Loki fucking their kids? Is it true at all?
Sadly the Sicx thing is true, he's been in jail for a while.
Not sure about Mr. Doctor. People have claimed he is and people say they saw the paper work but it could be all hearsay. I don't think it was ever 'officially' established that he's a snitch.

Chronic said:
Sadly the Sicx thing is true, he's been in jail for a while.
Not sure about Mr. Doctor. People have claimed he is and people say they saw the paper work but it could be all hearsay. I don't think it was ever 'officially' established that he's a snitch.
Nice info :thumb: It might be true because you don't see Lynch fuckin with him anymore sadly :mad: They did some good tracks

Okay next question, is Kokane's album Funk Upon A Rhyme and They Call Me Mr. Kane any good for their high price?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
What were the most important beefs/battles on the East Coast in hip-hop from the old school to the new, why were they important, and who do you think won each?

roaches

This thread doesn't work well if it's stickied.

Have you heard that MOP album that came out recently?.St Marxmen i think was the name.Im a big MOP fan.Would it be worth while buyin it over the internet.?
If you're a M.O.P. fan, sure. Some of the beats are pretty bad, though.

I know I ask this every time, but it's been awhile. What's going on with Rakim? And could we see a new album in the next couple of years?
I have no clue. I don't think he wants to rap anymore.

Also, Raekwon, Ghostface, and Meth (I believe) are all supposed to drop this year. Which is going to be the best album? And what do you expect from each?
Ghostface is going to have the best album.

Ghostface - more (relatively) minimalist beats, a couple of god-awful single attempts.

Method Man - all this supposed greatness he's been cooking up with the RZA will either disappear or be washed down with a heavy dose of crap.

Raekwon - a solid album, but nothing more.

What are your expectations for Chino XL's new album?
No punchlines at all.

What were the most important beefs/battles on the East Coast in hip-hop from the old school to the new, why were they important, and who do you think won each?
I can't think of a single hip-hop feud that was actually IMPORTANT. Maybe KRS vs. Shan?

roaches

Do you get sick of people asking you about Nas? - I don't get asked about Nas very often, except by my grandmother.
Have you heard Mr. Doctor's 1995 album Setripn' Bloccstyle and do you dig it? - Nope
Out of interest, your favorite song from The Documentary? - "Runnin"
Do you think MC Eiht will ever get anywhere near the recognition that he used to have, or does he belong in the Hip Hop pioneer nursing home along with KRS? - His time has passed
Favorite Brotha Lynch Hung song? (I know you have one) - Naw
Will Detox ever be released? - Yeah
Fave One Gud Cide member? Twisted or Seed? - Twisted Black
CD you own with the most worth? - Breaking Atoms?
Will typing up alot of questions in this thread cure my boredom? Or delay it? - It will give you a reason to live
Your favourite Louisiana album? - Can't decide

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
roaches said:
I can't think of a single hip-hop feud that was actually IMPORTANT. Maybe KRS vs. Shan?
Yeah thats the one I would said ;)

Ok, what were the most significant beefs/battles on the East Coast in hip-hop from the old school to the new, why were they significant, and who do you think won each?

roaches

Roxanne Shante vs. UTFO - it was an early point in Marley Marl's career, there's the feminist angle, it kicked off the "answer record" trend. Of course Dr. Shante one.

LL Cool J vs. Kool Moe Dee - well-known vet vs. upstart, the last stages of it were part of LL's comeback after being accused of being soft. LL won, making it more significant because he buried the old.

LL vs. Canibus - because Canibus was coming up. Canibus won, but no one noticed. So I guess it was a draw.

50 Cent vs. Everybody - 50 won

Nas vs. Jay-Z - I'm not trying to get my thread sidetracked.

I'm drawing a blank at this point. Is anything involving JJ Fad really significant?

Five of the most slept on albums since 2000, whether mainstream or underground?

What are some of the best battle raps you have ever heard?

Jin: General opinion on battles and albums? Will he ever take off?

Your honest-to-God opinion on Kanye West/Missy Elliot?

Will Dr. Dre write his own lyrics for Detox?

Will Eminem/Slick Rick put out another album?

Best Naughty by Nature album?

Best story teller in the game?

Best artist on Definitive Jux?

2pac, 2Pac or Tupac?

What two verses aren't done justice by their respective beats?
And what two hot beats didn't have hot verses dropped on them?

Sorry if thats too many, just interested in your opinion.

what up roaches got a few questions for you...

UGK- Listening to the new Bun cd makes me cry, i expect soooo much more from this man. Do you think that the UGK album will be as predictable and for lack of better word "mainstreamish" as the solo Bun cd.

Who do u think will guest appear on that disc? (New UGK)

Have you listened to Think Differently:Wu Tang meets Indie Culture? Would you say that it was the best album in 05?

roaches

Five of the most slept on albums since 2000, whether mainstream or underground?
Five at random: The Coup - Party Music (this one is especially a shame, considering how much publicity it had)
Lil' Wayne - Lights Out
J-Zone - pick one
MF Grimm - Downfall of Ibliys
Pep Love - Ascension

What are some of the best battle raps you have ever heard?
11th grade, before school, I walked into the bathroom. One cat was banging out a beat with his hands against the wall of a stall, and the others were just ciphering. Participants and witnesses all received detention for tardiness that day.

Jin: General opinion on battles and albums? Will he ever take off?
He won't make it beyond the battle circuit and the Asian community. His battles are dope, I've never been motivated to listen to an album.

Your honest-to-God opinion on Kanye West/Missy Elliot?
Kanye - good producer, needs better drums and more bottom. Can not rap well.

Missy - Missy's cool. Why would I want to hate on Missy? On the other hand, why would I ever bother actively seeking out her music?

Will Dr. Dre write his own lyrics for Detox?
Lol, why would he do a thing like that?

Will Eminem/Slick Rick put out another album?
Eminem - yes
Slick Rick - dunno

Best Naughty by Nature album?
Either of the two before the one with "World Go Round"

Best story teller in the game?
Rick

Best artist on Definitive Jux?
El-P, of course.

2pac, 2Pac or Tupac?
The albums say "2Pac"/

What two verses aren't done justice by their respective beats?
"Renagade", "Moment of Clarity"

And what two hot beats didn't have hot verses dropped on them?
Pick two songs off of Group Home's first LP

Do you think that the UGK album will be as predictable and for lack of better word "mainstreamish" as the solo Bun cd.
Hell no, Pimp C's going to be in charge. It's gonna be All Eyez On Me done right.

Who do u think will guest appear on that disc? (New UGK)
Who knows.

Have you listened to Think Differently:Wu Tang meets Indie Culture? Would you say that it was the best album in 05?
I liked it, but there were better albums.

roaches what did u think about the Pimp C solo album?

So ur expcting great things with the new UGK album? What makes you think its going to be so good? U think Pimp has a lot to say? u think they will move to rap a lot as a group? Will bun speed up his flow again?

what were the albums better than the wu meets indie, id like to hear em for myself?

roaches

roaches what did u think about the Pimp C solo album?
I listened to it once and deleted it.

So ur expcting great things with the new UGK album? What makes you think its going to be so good?
1. Like you mentioned, Pimp C should have some things to get off his chest after 4 years
2. They've never disappointed before

u think they will move to rap a lot as a group? Will bun speed up his flow again?
No clue.

what were the albums better than the wu meets indie, id like to hear em for myself?
Off top:
The GZA/Muggs album
Edan
Blueprint
Mood Muzik 2
The Sound of Revenge
Dave Ghetto
Self Scientific
Smif N Wessun Reloaded
Slum Village
Writer's Block 2
Hell's Winter
LR
Monkey Barz
Beanie Sigel
We Got it for Cheap Vol. 2

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Wu compilation, but 2005 was a damn strong year.

roaches

Change... he was asking about albums that came out in 2005. By LR I meant Late Registration, but now I'm on the fence about that.

7 Syns

Opinions on One.Be.Lo's S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.?

Why haven't you heard Boom Bap Project - Reprogram yet?

Best Bootcamp Click album released last year and why? (Buck, Sean, Smiff&Wessun?)

Thoughts about Freeway's advance leaked awhile ago?

How'd you take Smoke & Mirror's by O.C.? Do you think if it was shortened it wouldve been alot better?

Which song do you prefer out of these? Remember That, When I'm Flowin', The 18th Letter or New York all by Rakim off The 18th letter?

Speaking of the 18th letter, do you prefer that album or The Master?

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.