Ask me shit:

roaches

Do you possibly see E-40 riding both Lil' Jon and the hyphy shit to some mainstream recognition in the near future, or is someone else more likely to catch the limelight from the bay?
I certainly hope E-40 gets some more recognition. Keak da Sneak and Turf Talk are going to catch some of the limelight because of that song they did with DJ Shadow. If I speculated any further, I'd just be exposing my own ignorance.

Which three albums of 2005 were you anticipating but proved to be massive let downs? Why?
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
Same shit, less freedom for 9th

The Game - The Documentary
I didn't realize he had absolutely nothing to say

Dangerdoom - The Mouse and the Mask
I disliked DM's stuff already but I heard the "Somersault (Remix)" and had hope. And I could never get over the ethics of the thing.

Mase

Do you get sick of people asking you about Nas?
Have you heard Mr. Doctor's 1995 album Setripn' Bloccstyle and do you dig it?
Out of interest, your favorite song from The Documentary?
Do you think MC Eiht will ever get anywhere near the recognition that he used to have, or does he belong in the Hip Hop pioneer nursing home along with KRS?
Favorite Brotha Lynch Hung song? (I know you have one)
Will Detox ever be released?
Fave One Gud Cide member? Twisted or Seed?
CD you own with the most worth?
Will typing up alot of questions in this thread cure my boredom? Or delay it?
Your favourite Louisiana album?

Lok

Mase said:
Do you think MC Eiht will ever get anywhere near the recognition that he used to have, or does he belong in the Hip Hop pioneer nursing home along with KRS?
grasshopper

7 Syns

* Whats your view on Tha Alkaholiks? E-Swift's production and Tash as an emcee individually? Also whats your view on his solo Rap Life?

* View on Redman and your favorite album of his?

* Whats your view on King T?

* What did you think of the Redman leaked tracks, the single "Rush The Security", "Future Thugs w/Ghost & Luda" & "Do Da Damn Thang w/ Busta"? How do you think Red Gone Wild will turn out and view on the Ill At Will mixtapes?

peace.

Bobby Sands

ok i gotta question... when are you gonna stop posting on this board and make this board a better place without you??? lolol
Shut up you fuckin retard.His threads are always interesting.You are just looking for attention with that reply..

I have just a few questions.We know GZA's best album was Liquid Swords.But which album do you think is better,Beneath The Surface or Legend of The Liquid Sword.?Why didnt RZA handle production on these releases.and also Inspectah Decks albums.I know he produced one song on L0TLS,but i cant understand why he couldnt produce the whole lot of these albums.The could have been classics.Is GZA gonna release another album soon?

roaches

Will OB4CL2 disappoint?
Absolutely.
Are the standards for the album set unreasonably high because of it's name? Or does Raekwon have to deliver by calling it part 2?
Yes, standards are being set unreasonably high. Of course he's going to have to have to put in more effort by calling it part 2, but he won't be able to make the same album.

Whats your view on Tha Alkaholiks? E-Swift's production and Tash as an emcee individually? Also whats your view on his solo Rap Life?
I fuck with E-Swift's production, of course. The rapping is all right, but I don't know if I'd take it outside of the total package. I haven't peeped the solo stuff.

View on Redman and your favorite album of his
It's a shame he's been a self-caricature for his last two albums.

Muddy Waters.

Whats your view on King T?
Another victim of east coast bias.

What did you think of the Redman leaked tracks, the single "Rush The Security", "Future Thugs w/Ghost & Luda" & "Do Da Damn Thang w/ Busta"? How do you think Red Gone Wild will turn out and view on the Ill At Will mixtapes?
I haven't heard the one with Busta, but but I liked the other two songs. Given what we've heard so far, I hope Red Gone Wild will be better than the last two albums. I liked the first Ill at Will mixtape, I haven't heard the second one.

But which album do you think is better,Beneath The Surface or Legend of The Liquid Sword.?
I liked them about the same, to be honest.

Why didnt RZA handle production on these releases.and also Inspectah Decks albums.I know he produced one song on L0TLS,but i cant understand why he couldnt produce the whole lot of these albums.
Look at what the man did from 1993-1997. He had a hand in almost everything Wu-related. He needed a fucking break, and the other guys also wanted a chance to shine on their own.

Is GZA gonna release another album soon?
I mean, he just dropped one a few months ago...

7 Syns

* Had the 1989 battle between Rakim & Big Daddy Kane happened, whom would've won in your view?

* Eric B or Scott La Rock?

* Favorite Hieroglyphics member?

* Saigon, Papoose or Cassidy?

peace.

roaches

- Rakim
- Eric B
- Del
- Del and Kool Keith are not the same person, dude. Del, Ice Cube's cousin, rapped as Deltron Zero on the Deltron 3030 album. Kool Keith, from Ultramagnetic MCs, has the aliases Dr. Doom and Dr. Octagon.
- Saigon

roaches, if i like brotha lynch hungs season of da siccness and loaded, should i go buy 24 deep or is it way different and not good?

my south central cartel cd is comin in the mail (n gatz we truss). is it gunna be bangin if im into that whole oldschool ice cube/spice-1/lench mob/etc. type shit?

Bobby Sands

Totally forgot about that Grandmasters album with DJ Muggs .thanx.

Have you heard that MOP album that came out recently?.St Marxmen i think was the name.Im a big MOP fan.Would it be worth while buyin it over the internet.?

Chronic

DUB CEE said:
roaches, if i like brotha lynch hungs season of da siccness and loaded, should i go buy 24 deep or is it way different and not good?
I don't think roaches listens to Lynch much. The style is similar to his album with Sicx Nigga Deep and to a lesser extent X Raided's Psycho Active. The album is good but it's not as good or sounds much like Season of da Siccness or Loaded.
Best song is prob "24 Deep", of which there's a very dope remix on the The Best of Black Market CD.

AmerikazMost

I know I ask this every time, but it's been awhile. What's going on with Rakim? And could we see a new album in the next couple of years?

Also, Raekwon, Ghostface, and Meth (I believe) are all supposed to drop this year. Which is going to be the best album? And what do you expect from each?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.