7's Corner [Travelling between the lines of mainstream and underground Hip-Hop]

ARon

Tiago?

Nice track by X to the Z. Looking forward to his album. He sounds focused about what he wants to say and what this album should feel like so Im looking forward to it.

Eat or Die sampler is interesting. Some alternative production. Good to hear new music from Ras, will be able to get a better idea of the songs listening to full versions. When is it due?

Track 15 'US Open' is pretty good, a cool concept.

7 Syns

^^
For sure, I'm thoroughly enjoying "Eat or Die" as I did with "Institutionalized" and "Return of the Spit". Rassy's sharper delivery and overall better flow is alot better then previous efforts. However it's a shame he doesn't kick knowledge like he used to. Ohwell.

peace

7 Syns

Topic: Release dates (no links)

---
August 8th
Cassie "Cassie" (Next Selection/Bad Boy Records)
Rick Ross "Port of Miami" (Def Jam)

August 15th
Ali & Gipp "Kinfolk" (Universal Records)
Cham "Ghetto Story" (Atlantic Records)
Cherish "Bounce... Rock... Lean... Drop" (Sho Nuff Records)
Keak da Sneak "Thizz Iz Allndadoe" (Thizz Entertainment)
Lyfe Jennings "Phoenix" (Sony Records)
Obie Trice "Second Round's On Me" (Interscope Records)

August 22nd
Danity Kane "Danity Kane" (Bad Boy Records)
J Dilla "The Shining" (BBE Records)
Kelis "Kelis Was Here" (Jive Records)
Megan Rochell "You, Me & the Radio" (Def Jam)
Outkast "Idlewild" (LaFace/Zomba Music Group)

August 29th
Beenie Man "Undisputed" (Virgin Records)
Method Man "4:21...the Day After" (Def Jam)
The Roots "Game Theory" (Def Jam Records)
Young Dro "Best Thang Smokin" (Atlantic Records)

September 5
Bleu Da Vinci "BMF Presents Bleu Da Vinci" (Koch Records)
C Murder "Tru Story: Continued" (Koch Records)

September 12
Governor "Son of Pain" (Atlantic Records)
N.O.R.E. "N.O.R.E. y La Familia...Ya Tu Sabe" (Roc-A Fella Records)

September 19
8Ball & MJG "Ridin High" (Bad Boy Records)
Bobby Valentino "Special Occasion" (Def Jam Records)
Chingy "Hoodstar" (Capitol Records)
Lupe Fiasco "Food & Liquor" (Atlantic Records)
Monica "The Making of Me" (J Records)
Lloyd Banks "Rotten Apple" (G-Unit Records)

September 26
Janet Jackson "20 Y.O." (Virgin Records)
Ludacris "Release Therapy" (Def Jam Records)
Sleepy Brown "Mr. Brown" (Virgin Records)

October 24
Young Buck "Buck The World" (G-Unit Records)

October 31
Clipse "Hell Hath No Fury" (? Records)

November
Ciara "Untitled" (? Records)

November 7
The Game "The Doctor's Advocate" (Geffen Records)
Hot Rod "Fastlane" (G-Unit Records)

50 Cent "Untitled" (G-Unit Records)

---
no toughts.

peace.

ARon

Pretty good second half comin up. Im looking forward to that Ali & Gipp album, should be some good soundin shit. I hope Clipse acutally drops that day too, who knows though. Hip-Hop aint dead. Matter of fact where is Nas on that.

ARon

Oh No - Exodus into Unheard Rhythms

1. Intro
2. Beware feat. Cali Agents
3. Black feat. Wise Intelligent
4. Get Yours feat. Buckshot
5. Interlude
6. To Be An MC feat. K Jay
7. To Be An MC Reprise feat. K Jay
8. Keep Tryin’ feat. Roc C and Aloe Blacc
9. Know Better feat. Wordsworth
10. Second Chance feat. Aloe Blacc
11. Low Coastin’ feat. AG
12. Hank feat. LMNO
13. No Aire feat. Vast Aire
14. Cut Session feat. DJ Romes
15. Smile a Lil Bit feat. Posdnuos
16. Keep It Lit feat. Med and Wildchild
17. Mama Skit: Callin’ in T. for Some Food
18. T. Biggums feat. Dudley Perkins and Georgia Anne Muldrow
19. In This feat. Murs
20. Lights Out feat. Frank N Dank
21. Basement (Interlude)
22. Coffee Cold feat. Fergus MacRoy

Its tight, drops tuesday, pick it up.

7 Syns

Topic: Method Man 4:21 Tracklist, production notes & artwork

Cover:

Tracklist:
Release date: August 29, 2006

Somebody Done F*cked up
Produced by Havoc

Problem
Produced by Erick Sermon

Walk on featuring Redman
Produced by Versatile

DirtyMef - featuring O.D.B
Co-Produced by Erick Sermon
Co-Produced by Allah Mathematics

4ever featuring Megan Rochell
Produced by Kwame "K1Mil"

Got to Have It
Produced by Erick Sermon

Fall Out
Produced by Kwame"K1Mil"

Let's Ride featuring Ginuwine
Produced by Mr. Porter

420 featuring Streetlife & Carlton Fisk
Additional vocals by THE RZA
Produced by THE RZA & Kinetic

Presidential MC featuring Raekwon & THE RZA
Produced by THE RZA

Everything featuring Inspectah Deck, Streetlife
Produced by Allah Mathematics

Say
Produced by Erick Sermon

Ya'Meen featuring Fat Joe & Styles P
Produced by The Chairman of the Boards Obi & Josh

Is It Me
Produced by Scott Storch

The Glide featuring Raekwon & LA the Darkman
Produced by THE RZA

Konichiwa *****es
Produced by THE RZA

source: http://www.urban.de/_news/index.php

----

Thoughts: Dope.

peace.

7 Syns

Artist: Blueprint
News:

Here's the update on what I've been up to:

- I'm starting a new imprint/label called The Analog Catalog that will be dedicated to instrumental music. The first thing I'm going to release is going to be a compilation this fall that will included music from me, Blockhead, RJD2, The Opus, J. Rawls, Cryptic One, and some other cats that will be announced after they get their music in for it. It's a great deal of work trying to start something completely new, and even more difficult when you're touring a lot focusing on your own career, but my plan is to take most of the fall off to get things rolling. In the past two months since Ive been home there have been some great strides made and I've heard a lot of good music. For those that want to stay updated on it add the label on www.myspace.com/theanalogcatalog. I just created the page a little while ago but it will be getting updated with regularity.

- I'm working on finishing my next instrumental album that will be released on The Analog Catalog.

- I'm currently repressing "Vitamins & Minerals" and "Iron & Niacin" for the people who missed them the first time around. Should start appearing on-line in the next couple of weeks.

- There's a new cat from Columbus named Zero Star that I'm doing production for. We'll be releasing his album on weightless this fall.

- I have two solo records that I'm working on simultaneously because they sound so different from eachother. From a production standpoint i guess you could say one is weird in an futuristic, electronic, outkast kinda way, and the other is more like some soulful, ghostface/wu-tang type shit. I'm about 10 or 11 songs into both of them and should be done by the end of the fall. I'd like at least one of them to come out next year and i dont know where they're going to come out. Either way i'm not in any real rush because i want the next thing i put out to be really big and indicative of where I'm at as a musician and person, which is hard to do sometimes. (editor's note: )

- Right now i dont know if the record with one be lo is going to happen because its really out of my hands. I've done some beats and he's written some songs but we have only recorded one song so far. I think it would be a great record if we could get in the lab and knock it out. Hopefully by the end of this summer we'll have more of an update. I'll be in Ann Arbor on Sept 22nd @ the Blind Pig for my people in the area. (editor's note: ehhh...whatever.)

- Im working on a new greenhouse record as well. Since raptivism jerked us on the last one we've decided to give it away on our myspace page (myspace.com/greenhousecrew). I figure if we're not gonna make any money off it then nobody should, so take five minutes and download the whole album. its got murs and jakki on it and i did all the beats (which i like a lot).

Thats about it for now. Thanks for the support everybody.

- Printmatic

www.myspace.com/blueprint
www.myspace.com/greenhousecrew
www.myspace.com/theanalogcatalog

---
peace.

7 Syns

Artist: Prof. Grimm & Makeshift
News;

From crew cuts like 'Buddy' and 'Scenario' to more intimate pairings of artists to create full length projects like Jaylib's Champion Sound and more recently the Gnarls Barkley offering direct from the mind's of Danger Mouse and Cee Lo, collaborations in Hiphop as well as other genres of music if done properly can quite simply be, awesome. GF Scoob & Cardiac moonlight as Professor Grimm & Makeshift to bring us yet another glowing piece to life's puzzle of enlightenment. Take a listen to "Fawkwords - Makeshift", that'll give you a small taste of what this duo has in store for us.

play hifi
http://www.freehiphopnow.com/MUSIC/play.php?band_id=2&song_id=137&mode=song_hifi

download
http://www.freehiphopnow.com/MUSIC/download.php?band_id=2&song_id=137&mode=song_hifi

---
peace.

7 Syns

Artist; Canibus
Topic; new song "Bar War"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mjjr4d

Canibus said:
Canibus

"After I created BAR WAR I sat down and looked at if for what it was worth. 400 bars structured as 200 bars accompanied by it's 200 bar twin. Priceless in my opinion. I could have done 600 bars by writing 200 bars and 2 identical twins or 1000 bars w/ 5 fraternal quintuplets. To some of you this is just rap but to me it has always been bigger than that. BAR WAR cheats time. Therefore it is ETERNAL. I am human but I have discovered an ETERNAL rhyme. Who else in HIP HOP is trying this hard to do anything extraordinary. Your favorites have crossed the threshold of their goals and are bored w/ the music. I never quit any of you.'
peace.

7 Syns

Artist: Cali Agents (Rasco & Planet Asia)
Topic: new LP (Fire & Ice)

---
The Cali Agents are back! Fresh off the success of their classic debut lp "How The West Was One" Rasco & Planet Asia have teamed up again to bring the world their follow-up lp "Fire & Ice". This masterpiece finds the Agents blending their hardcore styles together to make some of their best music to date.The Cali Agents have enlisted a solid cast of producers to navigate the journey. Look for production From Dj Babu (Dilated Peoples) Architect, Soul Professa, The Dialekt and many others. "Fire & Ice is chocked full of raw hip hop emotion as only the Agents can bring it. This is sure to be one of the best releases of 2006.

1. Intro

2. Fire & Ice

3. The Science

4. Baby Girl

5. Get That Money Featuring Turbin

6. Interlude

7. Something New

8. Breakadawn

9. What It is Featuring Concise Kilgore

10. Hot Ass Summer

11. Interlude

12. Bang

13. Microphone Madness

14. More of the Same

15. Duck Down (Bonus)

--
peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.